Saturday, June 30, 2012

Birthday Toone

For my birthday we went to Toone Town (Mesquite) to visit some friends we have not seen in years! Brant and Ryan were on the football team at Utah State together. Brant is responsible for their love connection well more thanks to Brant’s girlfriend at the time. Anyway we had lots of good times together in Logan. We must have real friendship because we seemed to pick up right where we left off.

The kids also got along great, which was very cool. Couple friends where you like the wife and he likes the husband are sometimes hard to find and when you add kids it gets even more complicated. I am grateful we have made wonderful friends from early in our marriage and even now!

We got there late Friday night and made the most of our Saturday celebrating my birthday of course ;) The kids were asleep when we got there so first thing in the morning when we med Grady they introduced us and he said “I don’t like these ones.” I hope he decided by the end that we weren’t so bad.

We saw their garden spot, Things can grow in the desert. 

I’ll be getting more parenting advice from Kena as Bridger seems to be very similar to Heath. Here they are on top of the very old unsteady shed, when we asked them to get down they were both sure it was safe or there wouldn’t be a ladder to climb up.

Oh brother!



We went bowling I once bowled my highest game (199) on these lanes, but my score went down about as hard as Kena did trying to help Grady’s ball!

The kids loved giving themselves crazy names.

I had some down time visiting with Kena while the kids and dads went to the pool. If you know me at all the pool is not where I would spend time, especially on my Birthday!  And we were able to meet some of their friends that happen to be a sister to our friends in Logan who adopted in January as well, such a small world. Then it was off to the BEST Chinese place.

I stopped here a couple years ago coming back from a business trip and Loved it. It did not disappoint SO SO good. Then we had birthday cake (strawberry shortcake) Very yummy end to a wonderful celebration. Sunday was my actual birthday. We went to church and then took off for home. Bennett did NOT travel well and we had all had it with him so we stopped in Seligman,

he was so happy to be out of the car.

We did finally make it home but not without some tears from more than just Bennett! The next day my wonderful friend brought me a birthday surprise a tree!

I have been so frustrated with what to do with the yard, I can’t believe how much joy this little tree brought me! 

1 comment:

Jonathon and Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun.