Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cream of the Crop

Schools out and I am reminded that my kids are the cream of the crop. Rianne received awards and worked very hard to have straight A’s she was very proud of herself and now I have a 5th grader. Is that even possible?

Heath’s class did a year end performance and awards where he was given one for his athletic abilities, his friend did tell us he was the fastest in his class. I have often thought if I would just run everywhere like he does I would be in much better shape.

When I didn’t get an award for helping in the class Heath was disappointed and told me “It’s Bennett’s fault you didn’t get an award mom.” Which is probably true, I volunteered in his class until we got Bennett. I thought it was cute that Heath was looking out for me, even though I didn’t care. He must be ready for 1st grade. I do take for granted what good kids I do have. They do a chore every morning before school and didn’t miss a step when we added Bennett. Even with school out they have still been keeping up with their chores and I have even added more responsibilities. They also cook dinner one night a week too. Heath is getting pretty good, even though he mockingly says back to me, “yeah, yeah mom my mission companions are going to love me”. Heath’s favorite dish to make is cheesy rice. Bennett prefers creamy rice, and he is such a good eater. 

Bennett is a great sleeper at night, he usually goes down by 8:30 and sleeps until about 5:30.  For naps he doesn't like to be alone so someone has to lay by him until he falls asleep. 
Rianne and Heath are awesome with Bennett, Heath is the protective older brother and loves to hold him and wants him wherever he is. If he holds still he falls asleep, I think Heath has a new job in the afternoon this summer :)  

Rianne takes such good care of him and changes his diaper without even being asked even if it is a messy one. She can get him to laugh better than all of us too. She is good with Heath too, the other night he had a bad dream and went in to her room and said, “I’m so glad I have a big sister who takes good care of me.”

They counted down not for school to be out but for the annual schools out shaving cream fight. Heath even added to my list "chafing creem" just how he spelled it. The party did not disappoint.

Jen does an amazing job putting a party of this magnitude together.

 The kids loved the foam.


Always fun to cream you best friends!

Rianne loves to read and loved the book lemonade wars. She is certain she is ready and this should stop Heath from doing door-to-door sales.

I am grateful to have them home. We have project plans and plan to have lots of fun.
Happy Summer!

No comments: