Saturday, April 30, 2011

True Jell-o


Real Mormons get excited over Jell-o-- Well we love our TRUeJillo's. It felt like Christmas when they arrived I thought I was going to cry happy tears I was so excited to see them. After Easter the Trujillo's were traveling home and were nice enough to make us their pit stop. I cannot adequately express how much this little family means to us.

It is a friendship story I really should record, so here goes. I don't think we had been in Rock Springs, WY for very long & we met them at a church function. Those Ward parties bring all kinds of people out ;) Anyway they invited Rianne to Kami's birthday party while Brant was traveling for work (I don't miss that travel schedule). I often ask in my prayers for help in doing what the Lord thinks is most important that day. So I went; I drove to this run down trailer, as I walked to the door I was so nervous. Kamille answered and was nice enough but I just couldn't leave my baby there with these people I didn't know, in such an unfamiliar environment. So Heath and I came in; I sat on the edge of the couch the whole time and was worried about leaving Heath on floor to play. I thought about all things I could be doing; anything to get me out of there. But the Lord wanted me there. Don't think I'm the most judgmental person in the world I was just WAY out of my element.
Here is the only picture I could find of thier old house (they have moved twice, but are still stuck in the Rock)  I think this was a daddy daughter date

We later had them over for a little March Madness action. We had a blast with all kinds of junk food. Little did I know Joey was craving a cigarette and well he was out of his element: payback! J There were no cigarettes at my house. When they went home Joey decided he "wanted his house to feel like the Browns'" if I have the story right that was the last day they smoked, Way to go guys!
Well that's how this friendship got started and somehow it turned into a very comfortable friendship! Kamille would always watch Heath for me (oh how he loved his "AMILL"). We shared pop in visits, backyard BBQ's and Kamille showed me how a Birthday should be celebrated all month! We had a lot of good times together

and their story gave me hope and strengthened my testimony so much. I watched a deep change happen. I have heard the stories of how low they had been but there is One who is mighty to save. I saw the atonement of Christ make a dramatic change in their lives. I like to think we were influences that helped foster that change but I know it was more than just us. What hope they gave me, how real the gospel in action became for me.
Since they ran away together they never had much of a wedding celebration. I threw them a Happily FOREVER after party when they made plans to be sealed in the temple.

Being there in the temple with them was an experience I will never forget. I can still picture Randy's huge grin, talk about a glow! Just picturing it brings tears to my eyes.


Well now their little stop brought more hope for me. They adopted and were able to return to the temple to have Bella sealed to them. Adoptions really happen, even if you already have kids.
This is their sweet addition with Ria.
Oh this sweet little girl brought so much hope to my heart!
I can't believe how they've grown. Cody and his "man voice" and Kam, kammers is as GORGEOUS as ever, with the longest legs. Even Randy was a real kid and his toothless grin is gone, he is still too hot to handle ;)
I am so impressed at how quick they are to acknowledge their blessings. I have always wanted my home to be inviting and comfortable. Thanks for stopping, hope you enjoyed lunch and the cream puffs! You guys are such an inspiration to us.

I hope Kamille brought back our love to the Wonderful people we love in Rock Springs.  Let me put out this plug we are the finest pit stop off Highway 89! If you come by and don't stop I'll be offended.

2 comments:

Katie said...

What an incredible story! And what a nice surprise! I can imagine the people in Rock Springs miss the Browns a lot!

Natalie said...

Great story about some great friends you have.

And I will never pass by your house without stopping!!! :)