Monday, January 17, 2011

Sure


Sure deodorant
I don't normally go to church like this but I took a picture so my mom could see my object lesson. I am blogging it, for her because it was a little unconventional. I started the lesson asking the girls how I looked yesterday (we had a youth temple trip) then asked how I looked today? The girls were too nice and told me I still looked cute but admitted I looked better yesterday. I talked about how it is just the same thing every day and asked why it was important to do it. They said they just feel better when they have taken care of themselves. I asked what would happen if I only showered once a week or brushed my teeth occasionally. Then I shared the lesson about living the gospel every day, and although it doesn't save us from bad hair days we are able to get through it when we apply the principles we talked about Love, Service, Obedience, work, study, and Prayer. I talked about how we wouldn't think of leaving for school without brushing our hair, but do we sometimes leave without saying our prayers? I hope the girls understand that it may not be as noticeable on the outside but He knows and we should try to live the gospel daily in our lives. The quote I gave them was this: " The SURE way to peace and happiness in this life and life hereafter is to serve the Lord today and every day"  Marion G Romney

9 comments:

Stephanie Cozzens said...

Very cute. I have been thinking that I need to take better care of myself spiritually - and start doing my hair, too.

Kristi said...

I was hoping to hear what was going on! What a great object lesson Jana - you are so creative!!!
Oh, and did you have much time for your lesson after everyone left?

Tonia said...

What a great idea! And I totally needed that too! I struggle to take care of myself spiritually for sure.

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great lesson. The girls are very lucky to have you for their teacher. Love ya!

Tera said...

Jana I love how you teach the gospel. Your my hero!

Ashley Jackson said...

That's great Jana I love it!! You are so creative, I'm sure the girls will never forget:)

Natalie said...

Yep, it's true you're a great teacher! Love it!!!

Aubrey said...

Cute idea!! So funny!

Eli & Corinne said...

Wow! Jana, that is one awesome object lesson. Hope the girls remember it in the morning and grab their scriptures. (I know I will!) You were so great at bringing the spirit into your lessons. Those girls are blessed to have you.