Sunday, January 9, 2011

Who NEW


Heath & dad pulling up the old carpet
I don't know what 2011 will bring but so far we have been enjoying some new experiences. My brother, who, is very talented brought down his tools and some pad, and of course his awesome family all the way from Montana and installed new carpet for us! I knew we picked the right color when Heath told us "it looks like dirt". 


Ria & Dad prepping her room for carpet

It was great to have his family here whenever I am around my sister-in-law I am amazed by her she is so incredible! Chad and I both admit we married above ourselves! The cousins got along pretty good considering there wasn't much to play with because it was all boxed up for the carpet.
Cousins on the carpet
 We did enjoy despicable me a few times "It is so fluffy I'm going to die". Chad worked too hard and too fast, we celebrated Happy Noon Year with them. They took off New Years Eve! I wish they could have stayed longer and we could have done more things with them, they will just have to come back soon!
We had to ring in the New Year with our new carpet, Wii and good friends with little kids it is tricky. We had the Udall's over and we rang in the New Year with New York. Isaac (Spike) got his New Year's kiss!
We made fun drinks and the girls did Cheer's!
New Years day we enjoyed FOOTBALL, friends and food! Our New Years tradition is to measure the kids, to see how much they have grown. Ria is now 4'4" and Heath is now 3'8" Now that Brant and I are done growing up, we still like to see how much we've grown (not physically, that is just depressing). This year I feel like our gratitude and faith have grown the most. Personally resolutions occur for me throughout the year, some weeks are better than others but I'm so grateful to take the sacrament. Hopefully my kids will recognize their growth and strive to grow in other areas and all year as well.

Our New Church time is now at 8 am and we live about 25minutes from the church, Sunday naps are back! I also received a new Church calling, I am now serving in the Young Women's! I was very apprehensive about the time commitment, working with girls and women. I expressed my apprehensions, my lack of talent and all my concerns, why I was nervous, but willing with the Lord. I can say our bishop is truly inspired when I was set apart he addressed all my concerns, I felt so much peace and will be holding to those words of comfort. I'm still nervous but know this is where I'm supposed to be.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Glad the New Year has started out great for you guys. Can't wait to see the new carpet.

You will do great with your new calling. I know those girls need you in their lives- you will be a great example to them and great influence for good.

Unknown said...

You will be so great in the Young Womans. Congrats on the new carpet, that is fun!

Aubrey said...

Fun!!! I want to see pics of the new carpet!