Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tooth & Nail



This year we tried to get the kids to cultivate an attitude of gratitude, so we gave 3 specific things they were grateful for, with their 3 candy corns' everyday through the month of November. It was working fine, started to hear a few more specific thank you's in prayers, rather than just "all our many blessings". We also got this conversation:
Heath: I'm grateful for my teeth, the good ones
Rianne: in the friend (magazine) an apostle said we should be grateful for everything, so you should be grateful for your bad teeth too!
Heath: Why?
Rianne: For the experience!
I can tell you I have not felt very grateful for the many trips to the dentist or the cost involved or the dental insurance fiasco or the boy when his teeth are hurting. I didn't enjoy spending more money on the antibiotic because he is allergic to penicillin or the worry I feel for him.
He went in last Monday for round one and as soon as we can work out the insurance we'll do round two!

fitting shirt for the dentist don't you think?
I am grateful for a very tentative dentist, for the technology to do all of this with Heath in as little pain as possible. Especially because I feel so guilty!

 
 I am grateful that Heath is here. I wish my body would have assimilated him with the calcium he needed for those little teeth. But SO grateful that this seems to be the only real complication from my pregnancy. I'm grateful for that experience that my body could carry him and he was born HEALTHY! I'm grateful for those bad teeth because it reminds me of what a little miracle he is! How grateful I am for the man of faith I am married to!

It also makes me so grateful that Heath is a champ, he is so good to brush and floss, he really does take good care of the pathetic teeth he has. 

remember when he fell asleep flossing (flosser in his mouth)


I am grateful for dentists, for sleepy juice and for a little assistance in financing so much dental work, from more than one source Thank you J   
I am grateful for good teeth & for bad teeth! Grateful for the experience and hope it is over soon!

2 comments:

Tera said...

WE LOVE YOU HEATH!

Team Millward said...

You are in very small company by stating that you are thankful for dentists. We always joke about how Mike is hated by most people because of his occupation! I feel for Heath, going to the dentist sucks. We are yet to get even an x-ray of Braelyn's teeth because she freaks out so much! Wish you lived closer and we could help out!He sounds like a champ of a kid!