Monday, December 6, 2010

Go Grateful

I love a holiday! How about one where you eat yourself sick and watch football for days! It doesn’t get much better!

When we got to Kanab Heath set up a bed for his cousin Caiden (right next to him). Heath loves this crazy boy!













Thanksgiving dinner was so so good. Everybody contributes to that delicious meal! I contributed a few pies for Thanksgiving. I also brought some turkeys with me!


Have I ever mentioned that when I grow up I want to be just like my mother-in-law? She is one of my hero’s and THE best cook!  This wasn't taken on Thanksgivng but it is classic Brown family aroung the table this was on Sunday! 

My kids have the best cousins, I cannot even express my gratitude for those older kids, including my kids, playing with them, loving them and being great examples and teaching them to really value this family they belong to. My kids have no idea how lucky they are but I am so grateful for my wonderful nieces and nephews! Continue being good, so my kids will too! I promise they are watching you!
Heath got a kiss from his cousin Brook

Em's & Ria special hand shake


Ria now and how beautiful she'll be in future too!  

We also got to meet our newest, sweet great nephew (wow that sounds weird). Payton, who as his name indicates LOVES FOOTBALL (Good Boy)  

For Black Friday we left our kids in Kanab and we dressed in white and went to the St. George temple!

Here is the proof that Brant didn’t just watch football all weekend, you won’t find any evidence of me on that one. They went on a little hike.

I did some bonding time with my sister-in-law, Tye! I don’t think I could adequately express how amazing our visit was! No pictures, who looks cute crying and wiping away mascara?


How cute are these turkey's?  I believe they were Tye's idea, Alvin supervised! 
 I have to share this little story: Every grandchild has slid down grandma’s stairs right? Heath was sliding down the stairs on mattresses with Trajen (who is a year younger & a great-grand child). Trajen was trying to pull the mattress up but it was a little too heavy. Heath said: “Trajen say I think I can” Trajen responds timidly with an “I think I can?” Heath pulls out his best, I’m talking to a little kid voice and says: Say it over and over, I think I can I think I can, Trajen repeats it, Heath says: now say it while pulling the mattress. Trajen pulls the mattress to the top of the stairs, repeating I think I can, I think I can. Heath says (again with the voice) You did it Traj! Back to regular voice “Now don’t move a muscle, he climbs on and they make another slide down the stairs!  

We also got to sneak away and visit with the Johnson’s for a while (There is never enough time to be everywhere and do everything). I enjoyed way too much wonderful Pumpkin Pie with the Pumpkin right from Mary & Wenda’s garden and the best nut crust ever! Why did I even type that now I really want some more! Ria loved playing with Tayla, she is getting so big and she is such a smart little stinker too!

I’m grateful we live close enough to GO spend some holidays with family!  Here is Heath as Samuel the Laminite!   
Sam




















Now it is time to prepare for Christmas. 

3 comments:

Ashley Jackson said...

so glad we got to see you guys, as always great times at Grandma's house. Love the story of Heath and Traj, what a cute kid. Also love all your family pics they all loo great!

Natalie said...

What a fun Thanksgiving. So glad you have so many wonderful people to spend the Holiday's with. I too love Heath's "I think I can" story. That's so adorable!!!!

Mikkel said...

I of course love the Heath/Traj story. It makes my heart so happy to see him having fun with cousins. Are you guys coming for Christmas? I sure hope so. It would be fun to have your kids for the nativity scene! Sad I missed out on the oreo cookies. Love em!