Friday, August 20, 2010

Idaho arrival


I had not been home in over a year. It was an interesting stay for sure. It sure is tough to watch your parents get old. I didn't capture a single picture of my dad L I tried to catch my dad giving Heath underdogs on the swing which was a highlight for the kids but he wouldn't let me. Here is Heath waiting for an underdog.
I also had every intention of taking pictures of my mom and I making bagels (which turned out so good and they looked good too!) Lucky for me Natalie, took this picture of Red hot Sally!

 Natalie came up and we were able to do a session in the Idaho Falls Temple.

 Then my sister and mom brought the kids up and we went to this cool ice cream place, even my mom's diabetic ice cream was good.
Me, Mom and Goose
 I also twisted Natalie's arm to stay and go to church with me, which was one of the best meetings I'd been to in a while!  Check us out in our matching dresses and jewelry.
My mom and I had an amazing late night chat, she is always to insightful! She always has to reassure me; that someday the shoe will fit. She has inspired my faith I will "step in, the light will come". It was great to hear what she has gained from her callings! And even my grandma is helping me with my Chad like little boy. He does have so much to give! It is always good to hear she is proud of me. My mom talked to me about trial of faith, trial of charity and trial of hope. She said she looked out her kitchen window and thought "I have not weeded back there for a couple of years and now that spot is just hopeless". With that thought she went to work taking small handfuls, it is getting better.   I guess everybody needs a place where they can go for hope when things seem hopeless. This kid gives me hope!
 My mom has a lot on her plate right now, things I wish I could fix but she has peace and hope, keep the faith mom. Mom for every moment when I'm where you've been; I'm sorry and Thank you! Ahh, Mom you are the best!
OK both my kids in Hopes garden

I was able to get together with my Riverton girls except Stephanie. (I missed her earlier this summerL). We all grew up in the same neighborhood and have all stayed in touch, thanks to Brooke.  We have been friends for a very long time:
Me (sporting the nice mushroom cut) JaLane and Brooke enjoying some watermelon. Now check us hot mamas out!
 Brooke, Me, Tamra, JaLane, Emily
Here is one at the same house crazy huh Brooke's (I'm guessing 5th) birthday. Brooke, Tam, and me (on the table with some sweet pants on!)
It was so good to catch up even if it wasn't for very long. Long enough for us to trash Brooke's house.
 Here is some 2nd generation Riverton pals checking out Brooke's horses!
I did once again over stay my welcome; Brooke's house just sucks me in! and I can't get enough of her little butt skootin' man!  I did visit Tamra in Idaho Falls too! It was so great to visit Thanks for putting that together for me girls, I sure do miss you!

By the end we were really missing Brant and couldn't wait to see him in Bear Lake for my mom's side of the family, Heath reunion!  

No comments: