Friday, June 25, 2010

Whew finally 32


So I had been saying I was 32 and one day in April Brant said Jana your 31. How do I get back those lost months? Something magical happens when you are a kid and you reach an age, I remember when Heath turned 3 and we wished him Happy Birthday, he asked if he was 3 now when I said yes he ran to his sister's room got a jump rope and tried to jump rope after a couple of tries and realizing he wasn't able to jump rope he threw down the rope and said I guess you have to be 4. As if you gain some new ability with each year. Heath came in and wished me a happy birthday and informed me I was 32 then asked "what can you do now that your 32?" I thought for a minute and told him I now had the ability to tickle with my toes, and I tickled him. I wish I woke up with the ability to can or sew, or better yet if I woke up and lost a dress size or 2 and gained a cup sizeJ. We determined that those magical birthdays end at 21 and don't happen again until 55!
My Birthday morning did bring me a surprise, my husband (who never misses a day of work) called in to spend the day with me. He had quite the agenda planned, I didn't know anyone could make a to do list longer than me. J I think he realized why I never seem to get everything done on my list either. He made me Breakfast, baked me a cake, did the dishes, and a few small projects around the house including cleaning and organizing cupboards. He spoiled me with compliments and a few gifts. (Thanks, Michelle for the Cupcakes,! You know me too well). He took me out to dinner and a walk and provided me great company and easy conversation not to mention butter mints, which I love. Then we had Cake with the kids and the Udall's.

I do have to post these pictures although I'm not thrilled about how I look, check out Heath's devious face, and notice how far away he is and then bam he's blowing out my candles. Sorry about the Root beer dust JordanJ. I had a very relaxing day and I felt very, very loved.
I agree with my friend Kamille your birthday should be celebrated all month. In addition to my splendid birthday; I also had a FHE spot light, which involved a flashlight in my face and several questions to answer. We looked through my baby book, and enjoyed homemade cantaloupe sorbet and watched a movie, of my choice.
I was also taken to out dinner by some friends. While we were having a fabulous girl's night out I couldn't help thinking. When we first moved here they were over the top too good to be true nice and I was shy and scared to death to get to know them. Now I am ridiculously attached to them. They really are that nice, which is especially surprising because now they really know me and they still chose to make some sacrifices and spend an evening with me. Thank you all so very much! These beautiful women are amazing they have watched my kids countless times. They are wonderful mothers who are so talented. They sew, cut coupons, can, garden, and bake; well they can pretty much do anything and
everything. There are so many things I want to learn from them and they are probably patient enough to actually teach me! Here they were spending an evening with me. I'm not sure how I can be surrounded by these strong and amazing women, who somehow make me, want to be better but accept me as I am. At some point I'm sure the realization will occur that I'm not contributing much and they will kick me out but they might even be too nice for that. At any rate I loved that evening!

Time really does move so fast 16 years ago yesterday my brother, Chad was taking me out for my sweet 16th birthday, we went and saw the movie Speed. I was old enough to date and that same summer I would meet the man I would marry. (At the time I had no idea). And just last year so many things were up in the air we had sold our house, Brant was interviewing but nothing had happened yet. I have sure learned a lot this year and Looking back I realize there are a lot of things in my life I would have done differently but right now at 32, I'm heading in the direction I want to be going and I like who I am beco
ming, at least for today. Hopefully this year brings us to a new home, finds me expressing my gratitude more, and becoming a little more thoughtful like so many of my friends. And I wish for more magical moments as a mother and wife. And maybe, just maybe, this will be the year we will have our next baby placed in our arms! I don't want to end this too incredibly sappy. So just remember the smoke you see coming from Flagstaff is not from my birthday candles, I can tickle with my toes and if birthday wishes come true I'll be needing a new bra!
Look at that cute Root Beer float cake

    

8 comments:

Mikkel said...

Happy birthday Jana!! I think you are great! I love having you in our family :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Jana! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday. I sure miss you. When are you coming again? I can't wait to see you. Love ya!

Ashley Jackson said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! What a fun birthday you had, you deserve it! I loved reading your post and I hope that 32 to is a great year for you!:)
P.S. Can't wait to see you guys at the reunion!! Just a few more weeks, wahoo!!

The Morriss Family said...

Oh, Jana you are so funny! I love your sense of humor! Go to Victoria's Secret, they can make your cup size wish come true. I hope that 32 is all that you hope it is. I hope you know that you are truly loved. And you are just as "amazing" as the rest of your friends. Maybe next year for my 33rd birthday I can wake up with the ability and energy to give every holiday the work and enthusiasm it deserves, plus be able to spike a volleyball. You are awesome, girl.

Team Millward said...

What a fun birthday! Remember when we were obsessed with My Best Friends Wedding and how you kept telling me that Brandt was your best friend and how amazing he was? Yep, like 12 years ago and he does seem like such an awesome husband and dad. So glad because you deserve it. And you deserve to have such a fun group of girls to hang out with too (seriously makes all the difference when living away from family). And girl, if you want to feel better about your cup size come on to CO and stand next to me. You will feel like Pamela Anderson

Natalie said...

Sounds like a great birthday for a great girl! I'm so glad you have made some great friends in flag- they are so lucky to have you for a friend, but I'm so jealous that they get to live so close to you and take you out for your birthday! :( Someday we will be neighbors right? When we're old and gray and are sitting out on our porches talking about the old days! :) "Girl friend you are the best!"

Brant- way to go the the B-day cake. It looks delicious!

The Spencers said...

Happy Birthday!! Loved the post:)

Katie said...

I'm so glad you had a birthday! The girls night was tons of fun and the cake was great! Thanks for including me. You are such a fun friend, and I love your view of life. I feel very lucky that you moved to Flag, and I sure hope you stick around.