Friday, June 4, 2010

Weekend wanderings


Brant knew I was missing family and really wanted to be somewhere else. He went to great lengths to make sure I had some fun! First he packed an awesome picnic to be enjoyed after our hike. He took us on a hike inner basin and even let the kids bring along some friends. (as you can see, we had to carry them all the way :)!
He knew I would love all those aspen trees, it really was beautiful. If that wasn't enough we got to have a BBQ and summer baseball game with friends. He also went to work pleasing me by working on some tasks that have been on MY list for awhile. We also got to enjoy another BBQ on Monday and it really was fun!
I still wish I would have been at family events that weekend but I did have a great time. I appreciate all your efforts, Brant you are the best!

3 comments:

Ashley Jackson said...

It's hard to live far away from family but you guys always do such fun stuff with your little family. Glad you were able to have a fun weekend, summer time is great!!!

Stacie said...

It seems like you guys are ALWAYS having fun and going to cool places. I'm jealous, but keep it up! I love it!. Hope you get to see family soon :)

Team Millward said...

Ah, what a cute husband you have! If it makes you feel better we have lived far from family for so long that we kind of just got "used" to it. But we made such great friends who have become our sit-in families. It's sometimes hard, but as long as you have friends to do this kind of stuff with then it feels so much better.