Monday, June 21, 2010

PB & Daddy

Heath was set on matching Dad on Father's Day, before & After Church.


When Rianne was little she started to call Brant Honey, in my efforts to correct her—"you don't say honey, you call him daddy" when asked if she wanted jelly or honey, she answered "Peanut butter and Daddy?" Brant and the kids go together like peanut butter sandwich, perfect match. 
He is such a great dad! My kids don't even know how lucky they are to have Brant for a dad. He always keeps his priorities straight and puts his family first. I love that every bad dream, tummy ache or whatever wakes them up has them calling Dad or landing them on dad's side of the bed.
My kids believe Dad can fix EVERYTHING! His night stand currently holds a kids pencil sharpener, stuffed raccoon, tic-tac container (which was stepped on) and glass horse, missing a leg and a toy car in need of a wheel. Brant is not what I would call a handy man but he does seem to make everything better. I know that is certainly true of our home. I even tried to make his favorites for father's day and he started adding a little here and doing what he does. It tasted so, so good!

Did I mention he makes EVERYTHING better! Life is better when Dad's home, since summer vacation the most asked question… "When's Dad going to be home?" From the moment he walks in the door, they are all over him, Heath ready to wrestle and Rianne to tell him everything she has done that day. Sometimes I get a little jealous and want my turn with Dad, but I am so grateful that they adore their dad. I do too! 

I asked the kids what they thought of when they thought of each grandpa

Grandpa Funny Fred

Heath said: I think of cows and his swing, Ria said: I think of him at the table, when we eat, and giving me rides on Pepper. My dad would do anything for anybody! He is honestly the most generous man I know. He has made countless sacrifices for his kids and grandkids to have what they want. He totally shares my sense of humor, so my kids don't miss a beat when he calls them Sam or hides their plates.
After Rianne was born my dad drove 2 hours just to see her, (this is a real sacrifice for a dairy man) then he was too scared to hold her. We made him anyway and it is one of my very favorite pictures!


Grandpa Jeff
Heath said: he let me feed the fish, Ria said: I think it is cool I have a grandpa who is a REAL cowboy, I also like to sit on his lap and watch shows. He can dream as big as the kids and makes anything seem possible. Rianne just said this week "when are we going to see grandpa Jeff? "I have a few ideas I need to run past him, business stuff".

Grandpa Brown
Heath said: I like that he goes with grandma Brown, I asked where does he go with her? Heath said "to set the table so we can eat what we picked grandma to make". Funny kid! Ria said: I think of his shoes, buying things from my store, and paying me to pick up sticks in his yard.
I love love love this man, I sincerely hope that Brant will grow up to be just like his dad and he is well on his way. He is absolutely the most patient man ever! Grandpa makes the best Donald duck sounds. He can be found pulling the kids around the yard in the wagon attached to the lawn mower. He is great to be right in there playing with them, making great memories. I also love to hear him pray, they are so powerful and profound to me. I also love how he is always saying how lucky he is to have his wife and how good she is to him. He has a great sense of humor. He gives the best hugs! Every time we leave Grandpa's house Ria and I are in tears! He is a wonderful Grandpa, but I am grateful every day for the example Brant saw in his Dad to be the Dad he is!

We had a blazing Father's Day-- Here is what the fire looks like from our house on father's Day.   


2 comments:

Team Millward said...

I love the peanut butter and daddy! Too funny! And how lucky you are that they go to Brant's side of the bed! My kids always come to me, except for one time when Braelyn went over to Mike in the middle of the night and the second he opened his eyes she puked all over! Can't argue with that one!

Natalie said...

Business stuff huh? That Ria! Cute post Jana. You are lucky to have these great men in your life.

That fire looks really close to you guys. I hope you are safe and well.