Saturday, December 5, 2009

Grateful & 8 is Great!




I am feeling abundantly blessed, after a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Thanksgiving with nearly 60 people and all of whom I absolutely love! (Seriously I have the best in-laws). It never seems like there is enough time to visit with everyone and I thought I did pretty well this weekend! I contributed to the dinner with stuffing, salad and my favorite Pie!


After dinner the girls got together to do crafts, which I actually enjoyed and they turned out quite cute, good job Kanani & Tye. I felt especially blessed that night, when Brant and all of his brother's gave their parents priesthood blessings! It was so powerful, and it is always nice to be reminded how blessed we really are.

On Friday McKay organized a hike that Brant and the kids went on and found the fountain of youth. Brant said Heath was tough, he wasn't going to let anyone carry him and he was determined to pack his own water bottle all the way! He was mad to stop for a picture and dad held his water for the picture.  Heath really enjoyed playing with his Cousin Joe, although he only calls him Noel's brother. Brant asked him if he knew they were twin's Heath replied "yeah I know, they have the same shadow". Where does this kid come up with this stuff?



Next event was Rianne's Baptism on Saturday. I felt so loved to have so many come and everyone was super helpful I don't know what I would do without these wonderful people in my life. My mom came and gave the baptism talk, she did a good job. We really do get a lot of do over's, CTR. When I watched my daughter step into the font, I was completely overwhelmed for 8 years I have been able to do everything for her, whatever she needed; there she was doing for herself something I couldn't do for her. I was proud and excited at the same time it was a crossroad of growing up I guess. I must add how grateful I am for Priestood and that my husband is a worthy holder. 


Then my sweet little girl came out of the water and I wrapped that towel around her (Provided by Nate) and she said "thanks mom, I'm so glad you get to be the one to wrap the towel around me". I love that beautiful, daughter of mine. She could hear the singing and was in such a rush to get dressed, she was so fast. She said "mom I know I can repent and I won't be perfect forever but I'm going to see how long I can stay this perfect". Then Grandma Brown gave a talk on the Holy Ghost, with a solar flashlight. Grandma Brown and Ria have such a cute connection, maybe it was all the time grandma watched her. Then Ria was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. She and dad had tears in their eyes!



Then we had a little luncheon with a soup spread and 8 shaped cookies, thanks girls. Brant also put a slide show together. If I can figure out how to add it I will.
Grandma Brown also presented Ria with her comforter blanket, (Grandma Brown's tradition to do for the grandkids' baptism).


















I want to individually thank everyone but I know I'd forget somebody. Thank you all, for the effort you made for a very special event! We headed back Sunday morning so Ria could be introduced as the newest member of our ward.  When we took the sacrament Ria gave me a thumbs up and said "fresh start".   



This is Rianne and Grandpa Jeff after her baptism.  (the only picture we have of the two of them)


I did try another 8 cake too! 


7 comments:

Tonia said...

I wish I could have made it to the baptism. Hopefully next time. I miss you tons!!

Ashley Jackson said...

So fun to see you guys! Hopefully we'll get to see you again soon. The baptism was wonderful, we are so blessed to have the gospel and such a wonderful family:)

Jonathon and Amanda said...

It was so good to see you. Congrats to Ria. It was a beautiful baptism.

Unknown said...

I wish I could have been there for the baptism. It was so fun to see you guys for a little bit though!

The Spencers said...

I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving! Congratulations to Ria on her baptism! I got a little choked up reading this post. You guys have such a neat little family.
p.s. thanks for the invite to the baptism. We wished we could have been there to see you guys. Vern was on call for thanksgiving so we had to stay home. Hopefully we can see you guys sometime soon!

Natalie said...

It really was a beautiful baptism! Thanks for inviting me. Ria is so sweet and I'm so glad I got to be with her on her special day. Love you guys!

Eli & Corinne said...

You made the cake! I love it! I hope Ria loved it. (BTW, I can see why Ria might mistake a baby tooth for a toilet. HA! HA! Eli had to hear about that one when he heard me laughing!) Tell Ria congrats for us.

Awhile ago Payton said, Heath's sure been gone on a long vacation. We all miss you.