Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Its just beginning

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! This weekend we went to the tree lighting ceremony and the kids sat on Santa’s lap. Rianne asked Santa what his favorite kind of cookie was, (thoughtful) & Heath informed him that he wouldn’t eat ALL of his cookies, (thoughtful). I’m glad there will be some for Santa.




For all of you, who thought we moved to Arizona for warmer weather, should enjoy this. On Monday morning we had our first snow fall it looked so pretty, I cleaned out the car (I think we have been living in it for a month, but I did find the windshield scraper) Heath played in the snow.


Brant called about 11 am and said they were closing NAU campus at noon, he would be coming home! The snow kept coming Brant got home cleared the porch, Rianne came home from school, Brant cleared the porch again. The kids made a snowman. Then we received word that NAU would be closed on Tuesday! No work for Brant and I had a final scheduled for Tuesday! The option for finals was to take your current grade or wait until Jan 11th to take the final, I took the grade. I made it through my first semester of Grad school! Rianne’s school announced a snow day Tuesday! It snowed all night we woke up to our porch looking like this:

And check out the Car!

We had to play in it so we buried Dad!


We did some somersaults in the snow.



We enjoyed Heath trying to walk in deep snow, although he kept saying “the snow is so steep” I am a big fan of being warm and I love snow pants! Although I move like I’m very fat it was so fun to enjoy the snow as a family!


We did eventually have to clear the driveway, we almost got to the end but we got stuck! Eventually we made our way out and Brant went back to work today, Wednesday but the kids still got another snow day! 24" in 24 hours!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that looks like fun! You got a whole lot more snow than we did!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, crazy snow. I'm glad we don't have that much!!

Jonathon and Amanda said...

That is a lot of snow. Looks like you guys enjoyed it. I would never survive in the snow like that. Good thing I live where it rarely snows.

Natalie Puikkonen said...

Glad it is you and not me!