Monday, February 9, 2009

Growing Pains

Don't mess with a girl and her shoes, Rianne's running shoes were getting too small. So we went through all her shoes and the shoes we thought would make it to summer won't. She was pretty upset and couldn't hold back the tears. I was telling her it is just part of life, one of those growing pains. She said she just wanted her feet to stay the same size. I told her one day her feet would stop growing. Rianne then said no more growing pains and lots of shoes! By then she was smiling so, I didn't burst her bubble on how we grow different when we are older but I did tell her she can have lots of shoes when she grows up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this girl! I remember when I was living at Grandma and Grandpa's and whenever I woke up in the morning and came upstairs when she was there she'd say "I'll go get my shoes!" This meant, lets go outside and play. Your post just reminded me of this. What a cutie!

Natalie said...

A girl's gotta love her shoes!!!! When things change- those "other" growing pains- you can still have cute shoes! =)

Ashley Jackson said...

I'm with Ria on this one I would cry to if some of my favorite shoes didn't fit anymore. People keep telling me that my feet will grow when I have kids and that does not excite me at all! I love my shoes and I love Ria she is just great!