Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thank you Brown Friday

 Just before thanksgiving I was rear-ended, hoping it will be a blessing in disguise, I had this great idea to sell pies for Thanksgiving to make some Christmas money.  I was pretty sore from the wreck but I managed to make 30+ pies. 

We had Thanksgiving in Kanab.  I always love a big brown get together.  This year Brant’s brother McKay did a Movember with all the guys growing out their facial hair.  I of course made him a Peanut Butter pie fitting for the occasion. 


My family used to have pigmy Ping-Pong tournaments at Thanksgiving this year the Brown’s did only not pigmy style.  Brant really took it to me.

What would Thanksgiving be without our little native! He is gets more fun everyday! 

On Friday we had Brown Friday celebrating Delores 80th Birthday!  VaNae (Brant’s sister) did an amazing job putting a new and improved Brown family cookbook together!  Natalie and Lacee did this amazing Birthday Cake.  I thought it fitting that she gave each family a little serving spatula (like the one she got from her mother-in-law). 

Truly fitting symbol of her service, not only is it a cooking utensil but it is little things she does every day serving up a little love here and there until everyone is endeared to her.  I hope she had a fabulous 80th birthday and knows how truly loved she is, I have the best mother-in-law in the world!  

We were finally able to visit Mary.  I am so thankful for Brittney taking such great care of her.  
 

No comments: