Tuesday, November 27, 2012

pie can't thank you enough

Natalie came down a few days before Thanksgiving, nothing makes me feel more grateful than my best friend.  With everything that I am struggling with she is the only one from outside of it that really knows my inner battle, I never feel like she judges me and she always inspires me.  Sometimes I think we are like an old married couple, we don’t send cards or presents for birthdays or Christmas because it’s like we are more than that.  I think making pie is therapeutic and I was obviously in need of some therapy... I went crazy with pie crust.  I started working as the volleyball coordinator at the YMCA and it has been a little crazy.  There is a ridiculous amount of paper work and that is saying something because I taught Special Education.  It just isn’t very organized and the person that has ran the club program still wants to be involved, it is a delicate balance.  I have never known a man to cause so much Drama!  Well needless to say my crust turned out with flaky perfection. 
 
 Then she took her pies and I took ours to Thanksgiving.  I just want to add that Heath is a challenging kid for a lot of adults well for me too, I love how great she is with him and she really gets him too.  She makes him feel so good, he is very secure in their relationship and he just doesn’t get that very often.  I really love that little boy and I’m so glad she does too and that she is his Natalie too!    
I love Kanab I don’t think I would relax any better at a spa or retreat than I do at my in-laws!  Brant’s brother Matt took us off-roading.  The kids loved it.  Matt asked what he thought the squirrels were having for Thanksgiving dinner and Rianne said Acorn soufflé. 
 
We saw diving board rock and enjoyed the beauty of those red hills.  Nate was cracking us up to.  He would stick his head out and then get so made if a tree touched him. 
He also called Brandon while we were driving around, after Matt said he doesn’t call Brandon very often because he doesn’t answer.  Brandon answered, so funny! 
I’m grateful for my 3 wild turkeys!   It was a little different for Brown family turkey day we all fit in the dining room so it felt more like Sunday dinner.  It was so delicious!  Bennett’s first thanksgiving, I hope it becomes one of his favorites, ol’ Kanab cowboy and lil’ indian J.
  He loved all the attention, he is such a social, happy boy!  It felt so good to relax and have some peace.

It wasn’t the turkey bowl but we did get in some backyard football.  I’m counting on one next year when we have more nieces and nephews! 
We did get to participate in the Kanab light parade. 
 We drove the float.  All of the kids had a blast!

  Jeff gave the lesson on Sunday which talked about blossoming like a rose.  Deep symbolism cut back, more thorns the bigger the flower when just a bud you don’t see full potential and layers of petals.  Brant’s dad got a little chocked up talking about Bennett blossoming it meant so much to me.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Once again, it's taken me a while to get on and check out your blog...You are so sweet! You are the one who speaks to my soul as well. Love that some things are communicated best between us, with out words...you just totally get me! And you know I love coming to visit you and your family...it's my theraputic time. Love you and your little bunch...glad to be Heath's Natalie. Your anger crust- was very good and flaky...thanks for sharing with me. Looks like you had a great Thanksgving! That "diving rock" looks freaky!!!