Thursday, November 1, 2012

1 and 1


Little man is 9 months now, they grow up too fast we have officially had him longer than his birth mom, I often tell him he has the best mom, Heath corrected me saying we don’t know if that is technically true.  Now, I say your mom loves you so much then it is true both ways!

Rianne celebrated her 11th birthday, which marks her last year in primary, her last year of elementary school.  As if volleyball season isn’t crazy enough it ended the day before.  So on her birthday it was going to be all about her!  Well Dad made the usual birthday breakfast requests. 
Then I was reminded it was mornings with mom at school, I hurried made myself slightly presentable and took the kids to school as I chatted with a few moms, I discovered it was also the awards ceremony.  I asked Ria do you know about this, “yes there is a note in my backpack”.  Great I’ll be staying a little longer so she can be honored on her birthday for being on the honor roll.  It is a day all about her. 
  I’ll work on the cake after school wrap presents etc., but it is a half day at school.  I made it home for a minute before I had to go to the high school for uniform check in with my volleyball girls.  Good thing she is going swimming with a friend so I can go in town and pick up something to finish her cake and pick up her bff.  Rianne is so go with the flow and I’m grateful because EVERYTHING took longer than I thought!  I did get her present and Hailey but I picked her up late and the little friend she was swimming with had to take her with them to a ball game.  One stop at the grocery store and home to finish her cake and open presents. 
She was very excited about her volleyball, volleyball purse (from grandma Mary) and Volleyball shirt.  We’ll see how much she likes it or maybe she is just seeking some attention from her mom, she starts playing next week and I got roped into coaching a 12’s team.  She will be one of the younger ones but hopefully she has fun. 
We took her out to her favorite place (weird kid) Village Inn.  I can’t explain it, I told her only old and weird people eat here and Hailey asked, why she was there! We had a good time, Hailey made us laugh and “we like her face”. 
Then back to the Udall’s for cake and wishes! 

Rianne is such an awesome kid and so obedient, she is so positive and such a great sister.  I love our 'Mom and Me' journal and she always leaves me movie quotes at the end of her posts.  She has a contagious laugh... well really it's a giggle. 
 I feel blessed to be able to raise this incredible girl but let’s be honest she is raising me.  As she has been going through a tough time right now (she would like me to keep it private and I will honor that).  This situation has stirred so much emotion and hit too close to home personally but she has inspired me, and I find myself wishing I was more like her!  I’m trying to be as full of faith as she is and I appreciate her reassurance to me that everything is going to be ok.  I wish I was giving her more support but she is the one giving it to me.  I know when we found out we were pregnant and Brant said he wanted a girl first so our family started with a peace maker, he was prophetic, she is that!  Happy birthday!           

Natalie’s cookies got here on Halloween and Rianne was ecstatic.  Perfect purple, with all her favorites the popcorn one was my favorite.  They were delicious!         

No comments: