Monday, January 23, 2012

the wait for 5lbs

Brant’s New Year’s resolution was that our house needed to change by 20lbs, I asked how he would like to accomplish this, he said "I either need to lose it or you need to gain it so I don’t look so big." Well 5lbs has changed EVERYTHING!
On Tuesday the 17th our new baby boy was born. Five weeks early weighing just 5lbs and he was 18inches long. On Thursday the 19th we received a phone call from LDS family services that a birthmother has officially selected us. On the 21st Bennett was released from the hospital at 4lbs 14 oz and placed in our arms.

There are so many details and miracles that happened along the way and some we are still discovering. We love him and have received a powerful witness that he is ours, we know he is and he knows it too!

I look forward to sharing the whole long story, soon. For now know he is loved and adored by his siblings, and parents.

He is growing and eating like a champ (3 days with us and he weighs 5lbs 3 oz). and although I think he has weird ears at least they are soft. :)

We have been overwhelmed with so much love and support, which we deeply appreciate.



8 comments:

SewSara said...

Jana!!
I'm in tears reading this ... SO happy for you and your family!! You all look so great and happy. Bennett is beautiful and I'm so glad he's yours!! congratulations!

Tonia said...

So happy for you!! I am starting a cute hat for him that I will try to get mailed ASAP! I'm not a fan of the post office so you might end up picking it up :)

Natalie said...

Love that 5lb addition! I loved seeing how happy you all are together. Sweet baby boy! And by the way I've looked around at other ears and I don't think they are so weird- everyone just looks different! LOL :)

Sarah said...

He's so adorable! I'm so glad he's here and he's yours!

McKay Brown said...

Can't wait to see you guys. Little Bennett is a sweet little guy.

Tera said...

Little RB we are so glad you joined the Brown family! They are some of the craziest, most fun people we know.

Psst: And don't worry football is in the fall, basketball in the winter, and TRACK in the spring. We have high hopes for you little man.

Anonymous said...

what a miracle in your lives! may the lord bless you and keep you, friends!

Eli & Corinne said...

YEAH!!!!! I am SOOOO happy for you I have tears!!! Bennett's birth mother choose well. He is one lucky boy to be placed in your family. I am so HAPPY --- SO HAPPY --- for you!!! It's been long over due! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! BTW, my smile is HUGE right now and I will be smiling for days --- and whenever I think of you! Welcome to motherhood for the 3rd time! I can't wait to hear your story!

Eli says "Cool!" and is nodding --- looking very pleased.