Monday, January 16, 2012

Too Good

Too good for them
I came to a realization over Christmas, as much as I hate to admit it I am THAT aunt. When my niece Stephanie made her engagement announcement and I thought “she is too good for him”. Then with the events (my sister’s X) and how Zack handled everything I realized I wasn’t giving him much credit.
I’ve had that thought lots of times with the Brown side of family. This should probably be an apology section for the ones where I actually expressed my skepticism on their motives and made critical remarks.
Sorry Lindsay, Jana, Shaye, Wade and Sara. I honestly had moments where I really thought you were not good enough, I was wrong.
Also to the others that while I can’t think of specific times I said or did anything I’m certain I thought it and if I did something I apologize. I thought it was just my need to protect them because they are so good, kind hearted and certainly I don’t want to see those traits taken advantage of. This is the reason I won’t ever set my best friend up with anyone I think she is too good for everyone I know. To my nieces and nephews of future relationships, I will probably still think it, but hopefully I’ll be nice. I think my nieces and nephews are too good for whoever they are with, I just love you guys so much but I will trust your judgment and support you. There will however still be ear squeezes. I realized had I been judged or held to the same standards I wouldn’t have been picked as good enough for Brant. Honestly, I still don’t feel good enough for him and still have feelings of inadequacy in being a Brown.
Too good to me
We took a quick trip over to Kanab and as usual it was fabulous. We enjoyed great conversation and food at Grandma Brown’s. They are so good to us and always make us feel so welcomed and they really warm our hearts and hands :)
Kristi and family took us hiking to the elephant’s trunk just north of Kanab, so much fun.



This is what I’m talking about who could possibly be good enough for this guy who took care of crazy Heath the entire hike.

No way anyone is good enough for this girl who would wash and rub her aunts old lady feet.


 She painted my toes too!
We also got to witness Tyler wrestling and well he is too good it was awesome, Brant was actually yelling in the stands Tyler took first! Sorry he’s is too good too!
Yep it is official my nieces and nephews are just too good. So I’ll just accept my place as the scary overly protective aunt, my kids just happen to have the BEST cousins!

The weather has also been Too good not to go hiking. This was another hike we went on earlier. Annette has the good pictures ;) but it was a cool place here in Flagstaff, this place is too good. 

For New Year's we did spend it with the Elson's
I’m not one for too much stock in new year’s resolutions.  One thing I did change is our morning routine 2 chores in the morning before school, usually it is just one each.  Heath is a competitive one and when Ria did 3.  He was determined to show her up, so I came out to find him cleaning my stove.  I'll take his fire if it keeps my house clean :)  
This year is going to be too good! 
May we always seek and recognize His hand. 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

It's been too long since I checked you blog! You're so sweet! You're too good for me, but somehow you put up with me. LOVE YOU!