Saturday, October 29, 2011

Owl-ways my little girl

It is hard to believe I have been a mother for a decade! My little girl turned 10! We celebrated when Brant got back from Alaska and we brought in Birthday treats (Root beer floats) for the October Birthdays, (Ria & Ginger)

Double digits seems like a big deal so, I decided to do a surprise party for her. My friend Robin helped me with the invitations.
We did a ghouls night out until 10pm. It was crazy but I think the girls had a blast. Preparing was a little tough with Brant gone and my best helper being kept in the dark!
Brant took Rianne out on a daddy daughter date because he missed her birthday. Then my friend Annette tied and glued bows to the party hats. When the girls got here we gave them their hats and glasses. When Brant sent me a text we all hurried into the Garage
When the garage door opened the witches flew to Rianne.

Then we came in for some Spooky eats.
We had witches brew, slimy snails, deathly dip, monster toes with blood dipping sauce, dipped eyeballs, spell spices, ogre ear wax, witches warts, bone bits, & Goblin guts. I forgot to get out the evil eyes (deviled eggs) and the mad scientist slime (Jell-O). The girls didn’t seem to notice.

Then Rianne opened her presents or I should say projects. She had to guess which witch brought the gift if she was wrong she ate an eyeball (gumball). She had a mouthful!
It was time for poisoned cake (may age you 10 years).

 I should explain Rianne wanted a wagon wheel cake, but it didn’t really go with my theme so I had to make an owl cake. It is supposed to look like a 10!
 Then I made a Halloween Clue game for the girls to play to find their goodie bags.

The girls who got the game had a good time for the others. I think it took a little too long but they did find their night owl bags. With sparkle spell books and a craft project to do.

We made night owl headbands which turned out really cute!

I don’t know what I would have done without Katie helping me with the glue guns. Well all my friends were a big help in pulling this off! 

Then more games Monster Mash, spin the chicken-truth or dare, egors eye race, would you rather hands and feet.

At the end most of the girls were still bright eyed ha ha! It was a good time.

The 1st one really is the Guinea pig, she is a good sport I don’t know if I’ll ever do another birthday party like that but I hope she knows that we notice the sacrifices she makes and how much she does for our family, as we figure out this parenting thing.

Fitting end is a Rianne Top 10
10. Eats good food, she could have a V8 in lunch every day, she is also a great cook!
9. Loves little kids and is so good with them.
8. So creative, crafty and imaginative.
7. Optimistic
6. Go with the flow, so flexible!
5. She has the best laugh and is so quick to giggle.
4. Beautiful, responsible, smart, athletic
3. So thoughtful and kind, she is a great friend
2. Positive disposition
1. I love how self-assured she is.
No wonder we had such a great turnout for her party, WHOO doesn't love this girl! 
For the past decade she has been teaching me so much I love being her mom!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Cute Party Jana! I think I will just hire you to throw parties for me! ;)

Jonathon and Amanda said...

You are such a fun mom!

Katie said...

You are crazy and amazing! Those girls had a blast and will never forget that party! I'm with Kristi. Maybe I'll just hire you. :) Happy Birthday to Rianne!

Tera said...

You did a great job Jana! Happy Birthday Ri!

Unknown said...

You are so fun, lucky kids!

Natalie said...

Looks like the party turned out great- I knew it would. You're so creative! Love that RIA!!!