Thursday, October 27, 2011

While the cat's away...

With Brant’s new position he only travels twice a year. He was in Alaska (if they would send him in June, I would totally tag along). So that crazy cat was doing this
and visiting Santa we had our own fun.


After the primary program, we headed out for Kanab. I was telling the kids we would just miss Dalton who would be returning from his mission, Heath responded with I’ve been missing him for 2 years. Some people expressed surprise that with my husband gone I would choose to spend a couple of days with my in-laws but from my previous post you know I had no problem with it. When I pulled up my eyes filled with tears and it had been tough without Brant but it felt so peaceful. My heart needed that quick trip.

 We celebrated Josh and Rianne’s B-days. Grandpa and Heath played I laughed when Grandpa asked how long they would play the game they were playing and Heath answered with “until I win”.

The trip was a great way to break up Brant’s absence.

We missed Brant the kids reminded me daily that Brant does everything better, combing hair, packing lunches, helped with homework, the list goes on. I was getting frustrated with them and said “Dad isn’t perfect, you know” Rianne responded with “well pretty close”. Here he is taking out the trash-- Ha ha, he's so good. 

I noticed too that the dishes I didn’t get to, didn’t get loaded and the laundry didn’t fold itself either. I’m not a good single mom. I told Heath I would come in and read to him, this is how I found him asleep.

I guess it is no wonder that while walking Heath to the bus I saw a car and moved Heath, he asked what I was doing I told him I would rather the car hit me and not him. he said “I would prefer that too”—Funny kid.

For the 2nd year in a row he missed Rianne’s B-day and the Primary program.

We survived 10 hectic days here she is at 10.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's hard to be without our husbands. We really learn how much they do and we don't really notice it. I know I take it all mine does for granted. Happy Birthday to Rianne! I love that picture of Heath asleep in bed. What a sweet little boy. Your children are beautiful. You are one lucky mom. I love reading your blog. I miss you TONS!

Ashley Jackson said...

I hope Ria had a great birthday. I was so glad that you guys came up to Grandma's and I was there too!! It was so fun to see you and the kids and visit. Glad you survived while Brant was away:)