Sunday, September 5, 2010

It started


Last day before it starts
I was not ready, because it came so fast after my trip, I'm not caught up, I didn't do the things I had intended to do this summer and we will be moving into our home next week. I was not ready to lose my best help! (Brant is great help too, but travel season with work STARTS too!)
I started in my new calling in activity days. I still don't know how I feel about this calling, I was nervous for the Armor of God activity. But it turned out okay, don't laugh at my art abilities ;)! I showed them a girl already for school and asked if her spirit was ready? Then we read the scripture to get our spirits ready.
Don't laugh @ my art work, you get the point

 We gave the girls the material to create their own armor, they told us how it protects us physically, then spiritually, as we dressed one of the girls in the armor, and shot "fiery darts" at her.
They were very creative, loved the Peace shoes and that Rianne's helmet looks like Football!

I hope it was fun and they learned something. I love that the ONLY weapon in all that armor is the sword of the spirit which is the word of God!
putting on the whole Armor

I'm not too sentimental when it comes to the kids going back to school. I did fine when Rianne started kindergarten, well up until Heath ran to her line and wrapped his little arms around her legs and said "I don't want you to go".
1st day of school, yes that is a hypercolor shirt, crazy huh?
Rianne also started school, before Heath's preschool did, which means I get told (not asked) to "go get her" and "it's time for Ria to come home now", about 20 times a day! I am glad they get along so well! I don't think my kids will get many chances to match up with a teacher who shares their values. I am thrilled with Rianne's teacher this year. I hope the academic results are better than last year as well. The first week of school brought the best teacher note home ever, with a message that "parents are NOT to bring their child's homework to school for them, if they forget it". Yes where do I sign? Thank you for supporting my efforts to teach responsibility and praise effort/process not product! Rianne is obedient, extremely obedient but the transition to obediently responsible is a little trickier. It is hard to believe she is ½ halfway through Elementary School! 
3rd day of 3rd grade
Heath and I started school a week later. Our last round of preschool, I still haven't decided how I feel about it. They dropped the master's program I was pursuing, so, I started on my coursework towards a masters in; Human Relations. It is part of Educational Psychology program. I don't know exactly what I want to be when I have to grow up, but this feels good. Why can't I just get paid for being a mom, really? I'm helping the work force my kids will learn to work and statistically speaking they should receive an education, and stay out of prison. I'm doing my part to help out the economy right? I would take on more children too. I'm not asking for an income that would allow me a maid or a mansion, (although both would be nice, but not one without the other!) I just need a little more to budgetJ!

We had another start this weekend FOOTBALL SEASON! I love it! Thursday, we went to the NAU game, Friday we went to a high school football game to watch Tyler and yesterday the sounds of football filled the house (made my heart happy) as we packed boxes and watched some college games. We also listened to the BYU game! Nice job Go Cougars and way to go Big T!

4 comments:

Ashley Jackson said...

Looks like you guys are very busy! I didn't know you were moving. Well we hope the move goes well and glad everyone is enjoying being back to school:)

Jonathon and Amanda said...

Yay for the new house!!!

Mikkel said...

Good luck with the move! We should have stopped in flag, now I will never see your old house!!! :) I like your artwork, looks like fun!

Stephanie Cozzens said...

Loved the Armor of God Activity! I could have used that back in my own calling with Activity Days.

I want to see pictures of the new house when you move in!