Wednesday, September 22, 2010

+ This to my list


I was leaving to pick up Rianne from school, only to have a strange delay, the garage door didn't shut, so I pushed the button again, it shut. Turned the key to the car and it didn't start, I turned the key again it started right up. This may have only delayed me
5 seconds
but that is just what I needed. As I approached the intersection to enter the highway, a truck was fading fast, I thought he is going to hit me, I reached to reverse but didn't have time the driver of the truck just missed me and the stop sign by about 5 seconds. The truck continued taking out a fence and drifting through the field, kicking up so much dust. Then it crashed into the garage of a home. That is when I made my first 911 call and hopefully my last. This picture isn't great but, if you look close you can see the tire tracks where the driver comes off the road. So close to where I was!

I feel so protected and I have no question that the Lord is aware of me and loves me. Here is what the newspaper had about the accident; I was hoping they would have pictures.
The driver of a truck crashed through the garage of a Timberline home Monday afternoon.
According to information from the Summit Fire District, firefighters were called to a home off North Highway 89 at about 3:30 p.m. on a report of a vehicle crash. The report included information that the vehicle crashed into a garage.
When crews arrived, they found a large, full-sized truck that had been traveling south on the highway had gone off road for about a quarter-mile before slamming through a fence, a shed and a garage. The crash damaged three other vehicles inside the garage and caused significant damage to the garage and home. The homeowner, who told rescuers that the crash "felt like an earthquake," evacuated the home.
The driver of the truck was the only person injured and transported to Flagstaff Medical Center for treatment. A prior medical condition might have contributed to the crash. The crash is being investigated by officers from the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
This experience reminded me of one I had as kid, I won't go into too much detail but a bull charged and I slid under a fence. I have thought the Lord could have stopped the bull, changed the course of events. But would I then recognize the miracle of His protecting hand? Evidence of His love.

5 comments:

Jonathon and Amanda said...

That's crazy. I'm so glad you are safe.

The Spencers said...

Wow! I am so glad you are ok! The Lord really does bless and watch out for us in so many ways. Your house looks so nice and I'm so glad that everything has worked out for you guys. I think we might need to plan a trip to Flagstaff to come see it in person:)

Michelle said...

Isn't it nice to reconize the wonderful blessing the Lord does for us each day..Even if its only for 5 seconds, it was a life long blessing.We are truly blessed to have a loving Father. And we are so glad you guys are ok..Love you

Natalie said...

How Scary!!!! I am so grateful for those 5 seconds!!!!! Love you!

Aubrey said...

Wow! Isn't it incredible how the Lord is so mindful of us?! Glad you're safe.