Wednesday, March 18, 2009

'Twas a fine day

Here is my St. Paddy's Post, If you didn't know but you will soon see it is one of my favorite holidays.















The festivities began with our quarterly primary activity. We did a little treasure hunt and found out we are very lucky to have the scriptures and the stories they teach us. We learned that just like our treasure box we have to open the scriptures to get what is inside. The scriptures lead us to Jesus. (their treasure boxes had pictures of Jesus inside too)! This is a picture of the kids drawing their favorite scripture story inside shamrocks! I feel Lucky to be the primary president in our ward. It is very humbling I ask for a lot of help and I get a lot of help! (I love Heath's face in this one.)

Corinne & Wendy we're a big help with the party and wonderful friends. Corinne didn't make the picture cause she was behind the camera! Wendy is my counselor, her son was baptized on St. Patrick's day talk about Lucky!




No party is complete without edible pots of gold the kids thought they were pretty fun! One boy asked me "where is the Pot?" I said in the brownie, then thought not that kind of pot! Hope I don't hear from any parents!















This is Rianne and I on Sunday, sometimes I wonder if we confuse the neighbors "Are they Mormon or Catholic?" The story of St. Patrick does make me think if we know better we should do better!


This isn't a great picture but Rianne was out on her pogo stick, I could see these orange braids through the screen window and I thought "Leapin' Leprechauns" This was the day before St. Patrick's Day!

On St. Patrick's Day morning the kids were excited to track those green shoe prints to find their shoes hidden with little surprises inside. They also noticed the leprechaun jumped on our couch, Heath assured me he was still nice even if he jumped on my couch and did not like us calling him tricky. The leprechaun flipped over chairs and moved couches. Ria was so excited she fell asleep with her head at the foot of her bed watching her shoes, waiting for that tricky leprechaun! He still managed to get her shoe and hide it in the cereal cupboard. Brant got to volunteer in Ria's class sporting his shirt the Leprechauns are after me, fitting with all those 1st graders in green and also later in the day Heath's shirt! We ended our celebration of the green with a delicious dinner, I'm not a fan of Corned Beef but shepherds pie with green mashed potatoes on top was a good fit! I love holidays they break up the monotony of life! Is there a better day, when else is it socially acceptable to pinch people if they are not wearing what they should? I'm sure you are all GREEN with envy on our St. Patrick's Day Celebration!

9 comments:

Tonia said...

I am definitely green with envy!! I think I might steal your leprechaun tradition.

Natalie said...

Looks like A lot o' fun! Glad the leprechaun found your house. He sure likes to make mischief there doesn't he?

Unknown said...

Wow, you went all out! Sounds like lots of fun, wish I could have joined in!

Stacie said...

wow! your are one crazy leprechaun!

Ashley Jackson said...

Looks like tons of fun! You are so creative and you are always doing such fun stuff! They are all really cute pictures:)

Aubrey said...

wow! looks like a lot of GREEN fun! haha.

Team Millward said...

You just may have out done yourself there Jana. Way to make the rest of us parents look like complete losers! Just kidding. Way cute!

Team Millward said...

hmm, my last comment didn't post. So here goes. You just may have out done yourself there Jana. Way to make us other parents look like total losers! Just kidding.Way cute!

Mikkel said...

You know what I want you to give me for Christmas, or any day, but Christmas seems like a good excuse for a gift!!! I would LOVE for you to type up a little book of all your fun holiday traditions. I love everything you do but I am not as creative as you and need instructions. Maybe you should sell it?! Seriously, I want instructions!

Thats great you are primary pres. You are just the person for the job. See you over Easter!