Sunday, August 11, 2013

MT HIGH


Rianne and Heath had their first airplane flight to the Higley Reunion hosted by my brother in beautiful Bozeman, Montana.  Chad & Bennett dove right in and got reacquainted again.  This is his way of saying hi to Chad who is the self-proclaimed “best uncle ever”! 
 
 
We hiked to the M. which is pretty high too!   
I really enjoyed my nieces and nephews and loved the side conversations.  Why do I enjoy teenagers so much? 
 
Bennett is really into bugs right now and was very excited to find this caterpillar.   
 
We had a big Family Home Evening Chad went around and thanked each of his siblings and gave personal and sincere compliments and shared memories.  Then he shared how Lorenzo Snow gave his posterity blessings nearing his 70th birthday.  My dad will be turning 70 this fall.  Chad wanted to do this for my dad.  My dad gave each of us 5 kids blessings which was pretty eventful for our family.  My mom was so choked up she couldn’t talk but said she would just write it down… we are anxiously awaiting her words J


Again we had the how much Chad has changed discussion, which is odd to me because while some of his lifestyle has changed he is so much the same person.  I love my obnoxious, crazy, caring, fun, face touching older brother.          

 

Bozeman is very beautiful it was a lot like flagstaff but way more water, which our family took advantage of. 

 

 
 
I was so excited to see my Niece Stephanie and meet beautiful Olivia.  I really enjoyed every second I got to spend with them. 
 
She is an amazing mom and it was fun to see her in that role.  Olivia is so adorable
 
She is like her mom (my sister) and yet so different too.  I am so proud of the woman that she is.    
It was a great time that we even found ourselves doing cartwheels!

Don’t know how I will DUCK out of it next year. 
As always, I have a tough act to follow doing the reunion next year.  Some things never change I've been following Chad all my life.    

 

No comments: