Sunday, May 19, 2013

O mOm

These 2 woman make the M’s in mom for me.  I have said if I could be ½ as good as either one of them I would consider myself successful.  When I tell them they just roll their eyes and say O Jana.  So I am the O in MoM sandwiched somewhere in the middle of miraculous and marvelous.  O to be as smart as Mary O to have her wisdom.  Most people think they can just Google the answers, my kids say “call Grandma Mary”.  I know there is nothing Grandma Mary can’t do.  She gave me great insight at just the right time when I was a new mom.  She reassured me that I could be a mom and myself.  Also in a mom breaking moment with Heath she changed the way I saw the situation it feels so much better to be on his team.  I could go on and on because she has helped us and been such a marvelous mom to me and my family.  I am in the middle of trying to be a mom like Mary.  I could dwell on the O and never feel that hOle or spend my moments in motherhood feeling like I’m never going to be good at this.  But I am also trying to ½ as good as my mom.  She has a gift of seeing what people can be and not where they are.   She is the master of hope and faith her encouragement has helped me through the toughest moments of my life.  She is so good with Heath maybe it helps that she too was once in the middle of raising someone just like him.  She gives me hope and believes in me whenever I doubt.  She is always reassuring me that I am a good mom.  Sometimes I just call to hear her voice she was my comfort as a child and still gives me such comfort!  O how blessed I am to have such great examples to try to balance being in the middle of trying to be ½ as good as.  Happy Mother’s Day to these Marvelous and Miraculous women.  O how I enjoy being in the middle of motherhood thanks to these 2.  And to my 3 I feel honored to be able to be your mother I hope they feel my lOve for them and though I fall short of these two at least my kids get aMazing grandmas. 

 

2 comments:

Katie said...

Jana, this is beautiful. You are an amazing mom! Love your blog :)

Natalie said...

Loved this- 3 beautiful & amazing women that I am blessed to know!