Sunday, August 19, 2012

ready for school from head to toe

Rianne wanted to do a Family Home Evening lesson for her faith in God.

Autumn needed perfected painted toes for kindergarten, we combined the two and it was fun with a little foot soak with the Larsen’s.
Toes check.
  
We did the meet the teacher night Rianne saw the list, she was completely disappointed. Rianne is such a go with the flow kid I was surprised at her tears in response. So I debated is this a moment when it matters and I go to bat for my kid show her I respect her feelings because she rarely gets upset or is this a moment when I say tough luck you’ll survive. I said let’s pray about it and see how we feel, if you feel unsafe or not good about it I would do everything I could to fix it. The next day she said she prayed about it and wanted to try out her class that it was going to be ok. They got their father’s blessings for school.
Heads check.

 Both of them do thier own hair now, somedays are better than others
 Both have male teachers this year. So here they are 1st and 5th grade. We met Heath’s teacher Mr. McQueen (I think his first name might be lightning :) He said he requested Heath (I know I was surprised too) in kindergarten Heath went and read in his class.
Although Heath claims he wasn’t happy about school starting he sure has been up and ready to go. Hopefully his teacher won’t require too much coloring and Heath will be happy.

Head’s up Bennett is up and ready to go too, he is so close to being on the move.







No comments: