Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sportin’ some love

Grandpa Jeff and Grandma Mary stopped by bringing the sweetest blankets.
(sorry for the fuzzy phone picture) One fits over the car seat perfect. The other has a special stitch that I can’t wait for a picture on the grass of the temple in 4-6 months :).
They were coming through to go watch Tyler wrestle in the state championships. We went over on Friday to watch too. One thing we have in common with Bennett’s birth mom is our enjoyment of sports. It is no surprise we took him to his first sporting event when he was only 3 ½ weeks old. I also wanted to show him off too ;)
Everyone told me I looked great, unlike the older lady I met at the store who kindly reassured me the weight would come off :)
Here is the state champ getting congratulations hugs after his LONG interview with the newspaper. We really are so proud of him and how hard he worked to take state. We are also proud of Travis who helped coach St. Johns team to take state too! I’m just sad we didn’t get more pictures.
We are loving this lil’ sport
Look at my 3 love bugs!
This year I made (full of love) stuffed french toast for valentines breakfast!

And all week I left little love notes in their lunches
Then sent them off to school with LOVELY hair, Rianne and Heath are both into doing their own hair so I was glad they let me do it special for the day.  Rianne has 3 hearts in it. 


and for dinner we did our traditional new greasy spoon. This tradition started when Brant and I were engaged and we don't like waiting for food---So we go to some little diner we've never been too, they are never busy and the food has always been good. 

He also loves the bath just not the getting out part ;) I have to admit I cried a little when his ambilical cord fell off it was his last connection to his birthmom.  Bennett has a cool belly button that I kiss every chance I get! 

6 comments:

Natalie said...

LOVE it! :)

Eli & Corinne said...

I LOVE the little valentine notes in the lunches and am so going to steel that idea. I also did hearts in Alyssa's hair (but only 1) --- never thought of it as being "LOVELY hair" and might steel that too!!!

I found the comment about the the belly button surprisingly touching.

LOVE the update!!!

Jonathon and Amanda said...

Love Ria's hair. Love all the Valentine's shirts. Looks like you had lots of fun.

Ashley Jackson said...

Hey Jana! I love all the new posts! I don't know how I missed seeing you had posted new ones until now?! Well I enjoyed reading through everything and I can't believe the eventful several weeks you have had. You always do the cutest things for holidays and it looks like a fabulous Valentines Day and you have so many cute kids to love! Little Bennett is just so sweet and growing already can't wait til we have the chance to meet him. What a little blessing he is. Hope everything continues to go well! Love you guys:)

Tonia said...

So sweet! I kiss Kaia's belly button too. She has the most awesome outie ever :)

Kristi said...

Jana - I just LOVE you!!!