Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I cry for the 4th of July


What is more American, than a small town 4th of July? I’m not going to sugar coat this, I wanted to go to kanab for the 4th I love a small town independence day! I love the red hills echo of the fireworks! I love the activities at the park, the parade and of course Family. I really missed seeing family! Under the circumstances we stayed in Flagstaff and you know me I can’t help but celebrate a holiday.
Ria and I had festive feet.

We went to the park but I nearly broke down to cry when we were the only ones there, we made the best of it! Brant is always good to do that! 



We had to have a backyard water fight right?  Brant started it! 


But I think he was the most soaked by the end. 


With the fire ban we didn’t even have fireworks, :( I think I would have been crushed if it weren’t for BBQ’s with friends!

We also had some friends from Wyoming who heard about the finest pit stop on Hwy 89!!! Shalon and her kids came and stayed for a night! We were supposed to have our adoption home study that day and it didn’t work out I was so bummed but it turned out to be perfect timing I really needed and enjoyed their visit, and the house was clean :). The girls picked up where they left off and giggled the night away.

Shalon helped me gain some perspective on a situation she has been through and my brother is facing. Of course Lachlan found some fun with our Big daddy bear!









No comments: