Monday, July 25, 2011

Girls camp


I think the best calling in the church is teenage Sunday school. I enjoy teaching, I love the gospel. Before girls camp I had a very cool experience where I got some divine help in preparing a lesson on repentance.
I felt my father in heaven’s love for those girls as I prepared and as I was teaching.

Girls camp on the other hand was my own fears came to the surface, I was in panic mode before I left my hands were shaky and I thought I can’t do this. I felt frozen with fear. The thought came to ask Brant for a blessing. But he was already at work and I’d have to drive all the way into town. As I talked to one of my friends (Jenny) suggested I ask for a blessing, that reassurance gave me the courage to ask. I did and Brant was more than willing. I instantly felt peace at his hands and I felt my heavenly father’s love for me.
I actually really enjoyed girls camp, the leaders I serve with are awesome and our youth leaders were amazing!

It also helped that it was just our ward.

My ear fetish was found out as I couldn’t resist President Rice’s. It really was so much fun and a therapeutic emotional rerun!

Although change is coming I feel like girl’s camp was an experience I needed.

little game of pick you leaders nose :)
I also think we have an amazing bishop I had to come home and take a psychometrics test one of the days. Bishop told me I would be blessed for coming to girl’s camp that I would receive help on my test. I’ve learned if bishop makes a promise you can take it to the bank because MIRACULOUSLY I got an A in that class and everyone was really nice to me at camp thanks girls and sister Thom who went way out of her way to love me through the week!


2 comments:

Kristi said...

Awww, what a sweet post! Girks camp was great!!! You are amazing and I love ya!!!

Kristi said...

LOL - GIRLS camp...