Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pair of one


made this for Brant, He love Jones Cream Soda they are stacked up one on one :)
11 is a pair of one's
We celebrated 11 years on March 4th. Brant had a few little stops planned. He knows me, so well and started out our celebration with Junk breakfast! Then we went to the temple. On our wedding day we drove to Idaho Falls together as the temple came into view I remember those butterflies of excitement, 11 years later as we turned up the road to see the Mesa Temple I got a few little butterflies, We had been so hungry for a temple trip!
We met the cutest couple the Allen's they will be married 68 years in May it was what we needed to see! Reminded us that in 11 years things have changed but we still look into those same eyes and will Forever! I wish I could say that we received some aha moment in the temple, but we didn't feel like some immediate solution presented itself. However, the peace was incredible just feeling like, "yes it's hard, it may not get easier but we have the power to get through it—Together." We enjoyed the display in the visitor's center. We went to LDS family services, this adoption recertification process has been frustrating but we won't focus on that.

I must have hit it too hard :)  I was only a little of course, ha ha  

We enjoyed dinner together; we still enjoy each other's company! The most revealing part of our celebration was Golf Land. We had a blast, I did horrible as usual. We are how we golf; He is a softy and I over do! Brant would hit it too soft and I would smack it too hard, we laughed. After 11 years we are still balancing each other out and we have so much fun on this course!

still can't get this to turn :( Soft Shot

Some of the hardest times have made our love deeper than I thought possible. Those hard times have somehow changed us, even if we are the only ones who know it. We get through it together, we change together! There is no one else I'd rather be facing these challenges with. I'm grateful for the heartaches and challenges, I'm grateful for a marriage that has been better than I could have imagined. I like me better with him. We really are a pair of one!

6 comments:

Stephanie Cozzens said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are awesome!

Ashley Jackson said...

Congratulations you two!! Looks like you had a wonderful day. Cute pictures, I remember when you got married 11 years ago...much has changed since then. Time flies, another 11 will pass in no time!!:)

Mikkel said...

Happy anny! Love the 11 Pic!

Natalie said...

Oh you guys are so cute. Love ya both. Happy Anniversary!

Tonia said...

Happy Anniversary! I always think of you on March 4th. I can't believe it was 11 years ago that Nat and I made that trip to Blackfoot! Time definitely flies!!

Eli & Corinne said...

Wahoo! 11 years! What a fun way to celebrate. You'll have to update me on these adoption dilemmas sometime. Best of luck.