Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Work hard, play hard


 We had the Johnson family reunion in Flagstaff this year. Family picture from the weekend.  Derek & Wes, Mary & Jeff, Tyson & Travis.  One thing I know about these boys is they are very hard workers, but they can play hard too! I was counting down for this not just because I love to be with the boys but I could not wait to meet baby Isa my cousin/niece or as we say it KANEESE. I ran out to their truck the minute they arrived. She is absolutely adorable and such a good baby! She has the sweetest smile but shared it most with her dad (Derek)! I have loved watching Tyson and DJ as dads to little girls! The first day we went down to Sedona for some off road adventures.
Brant took the day one off to be with us!
Rianne and Trachelle are only 12 days apart, and didn't spend too much time apart this week
I asked Heath after he found Tyler if he remembered him from last year he answered with "I don't remember him but I like him" He also found that hot bumpy rides are a great place to take naps! This may have been the only nap he had all week and he played so hard that he fell asleep every night on our way home.
In true Johnson reunion fashion we received warnings to stay on the trail, and here is TJ adhering to advice J

We went to the Honanki Ruins, I thought it was fascinating that they recorded life and then a large figure above them, One of the boys asked if they were talking about the 2nd coming of Christ. I wondered if they were just recording history. Interesting how things do come full circle huh? I won't get too deep or maybe I'll come back to that.
After our ATV rides and with all the red dirt we kicked up, we looked like we'd received bad spray tans! We were going to go to slide rock but it was closed so we found out about the local swimming hole.
So we went there for a picnic lunch and watched a snake have his lunch too! I'm really not one for snakes but we watched him strangle a pack rat (it was big too) and boy can they open wide to eat.
It was nice a cool in the shade and for those who were crazy enough to jump in! I love Trav's face with Brant's Jump!
 Rianne the monkey  
 
















Heath the "Cling on" and Tyler!
We went to Lava River Cave to hike. Wes took some great pictures I hope he shares ;)

Heath's hiking buddy was Tyler

We gladly stayed behind to watch Isa, so Aubrey could enjoy the hike (I don't know how much she enjoyed it, broken flashlight, alone and we forgot to tell her to go Left.L Brant loves to hold babies and she was so good, see why I was so excited!  
Trachelle kept us laughing on our drive to and from the cave, that kid is a crack up, we just love her!

The kids also did a lot of swimming this week; if I had known Alyssa would push her dad into the pool I would have had my camera. The best was when Trav realized he was going in he did a cat spin 180 to see who'd pushed him, so funny and so glad it wasn't me! Heath kept asking if he could go to the "cat" pool and we couldn't figure out what he was talking about until we realized that we had been calling it the kiddie pool and he thought we were saying "kitty" pool!
 We went up to the snow bowl and enjoyed the Sky ride and Frisbee golf. Tayla enjoyed grandpa's hat!
We also went to Wupatki ruins and sunset crater  
 Me, Jeff, DJ, Isa, Tyler, Brittney, Wes and Mary

Mary always does a great job planning these get togethers, and I appreciate her including us! I swear she teaches me so much every time we are together and here she is teaching Heath!
I like routine and this week was go with the flow Johnson style!  I think by the end my kids were a little worn out, good thing Dad can carry them J
Last year at the Johnson Reunion we got a job offer, this year we made an offer on a home! My Past has often been just the preparation I needed for my future. Things do come full circle, I feel so blessed with so many miracles this year far more than I deserve, I am looking forward to my future and grateful for my past (or at least what it has taught me)! I am eternally grateful for the Johnson's! I love my cousin/brothers or "CUZBROS" and there amazing wives!





3 comments:

Stephanie Cozzens said...

A house, yay! I want to see pictures and hear details as soon as you got'em.

Jonathon and Amanda said...

You guys are always having tons of fun. So cute that Heath can take a nap like that.

Aubrey said...

It was so good to spend tim and see you guys, laugh, and play! Thanks for loving us and the munchkin! We love you guys!!