Tuesday, February 16, 2010

LOVE (totally) BUGS


My love bugs!

















Two of the loves of my life!

 
















Heath was my little cuddle bug!




















And Muffin Man 


















We made heart muffins
and heart pie (YUM)
I hope everyone enjoyed some time with the one's they Love, I know we did!
I've felt this way for quite some time but here is my attempt at expressing it! I love holidays but I must say Valentine's is one I don't really get. Don't get me wrong I am of course glad my marriage wasn't arranged (or I would probably be married to Tweeb Gladwell). It is fun for the kids and it does break up the monotony of life which is why I enjoy holidays so much!
I am not a diehard Romantic and February 14th holds no real sentiment for me. The fact is it turns into a day of obligation, like I should do this but my daily life is filled with should do's. I figure if I show love for 364 days of the year then maybe one day a year should be "be a jerk day" where I get to gripe and complain and say everything that BUGS me, maybe hit something too! For those of you who think I must just be bitter, or that I'm mad at my husband because I didn't get roses, absolutely not true! Brant does everything a wonderful husband SHOULD do! He shows me he loves me EVERYDAY! Those little moments that say I love you for no real reason, we call them Random Tuesdays! I'll take Random Tuesdays (no matter what day they come on) over one February 14th!

4 comments:

Ashley Jackson said...

You are great at celebrating holidays that is for sure! I agree with you, I'm not really into Valentine's Day I'd rather be shown love everyday!

Tonia said...

I am on the same page as you when it comes to Valentines. I get my kids Valentines but Mike and I don't get eachother anything and we're both okay with that.

Team Millward said...

I have always felt the same way. Couldn't have said it better! I kind of feel that way when it comes to Mother's Day because I think Mother's Day should at least be once a week, if not more!

Kristi said...

Jana! I didn't know you had a blog!
I agree about V-day, it is annoying and I HATE red roses which my hubby feels obligated to buy despite my feelings toward them! Meanwhile you sure did a great job making a beautiful V-day for your fam! And congrats on the new TV!!!!!

(BTW - my blog is private, if you would like an invite my email is kristi l thom at gmail) ;)