Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Joining the Johnsons!




We have returned from 4 days in Island Park with the Johnson's! We we're able to go to Yellowstone National Park. We stayed up way to late and ate a lot of food, saw some beautiful scenery and enjoyed it with great company! We all had a wonderful time! We went to Yellowstone for two days. The first day at Yellowstone we got a call from NAU with a job offer! This news made us have to make some decisions so we had some research to do. (Thanks Aubrey for letting us use your computer so much!) So if we can find a place to live in Flagstaff, AZ that is where we will be relocating to.




Tyler with Mr. Pain-- Heath loved having so many boys around, to punch and cause pain to! The next day in Yellowstone we were able to see the upper and lower Yellowstone falls! Mary always makes these family trips happen, Thanks Mary for a wonderful time, Rianne loved playing with

TraChelle and is so excited to move closer to her. We played a very fun night game that DJ brought with glow sticks it was really fun! He & Aubrey also made dinner one night it was so good!! The next day Heath's lip was so swollen and his cheek was puffy too, we think it may have been the coconut milk.

DJ and I at the yellowstone falls

That day floating a very shallow, slow, and cold river, Heath fell asleep with Brittney on her tube. Thanks Brittney that was probably longer than you bargained for.

One of the nights as we we're getting the kids to go to sleep, Rianne was so excited about how much fun she was having and telling me EVERYTHING
was the best. She asked "Mom how did we get to be Johnsons? We are so lucky!" I told Ria the story of how I came to live with them my Junior year of High School. Trying to avoid sleep she kept asking questions, it has been a long time since I recalled all those details. I would put them in but that would be a pretty long post. I fit right in the middle of the boys perfectly! Looking back it was the greatest decision I ever made in my life, no wonder there was so much opposition. I was overcome with gratitude that night. I am so grateful I was able to join the Johnson's not just on this vacation but as a family! Rianne said at the conclusion of my story "so they kinda adopted you mom", I told her that is exactly what they did it, we ARE so Lucky! She
replied "our baby is going to be so lucky too"! (We are approved for adoption but still waiting for the baby that is supposed to join our family). I have to add this; we watch Tyson & Wenda's baby Tayla and my kids love her. Ria asked one day why we don't just adopt her, I said well she already has a mom and dad, the baby we adopt will need us to be his/her mom and dad. Since this conversation whenever Heath sees a baby he asks "does that baby have a mom & dad?" He is looking for our baby I guess. Here are all the girls, every one of us "Joined the Johnsons".

For our last day Grandpa Jeff took us to big springs and to a fishing hole, Heath liked feeding the fish (thanks Grandpa Jeff) and Ria was excited to try fishing. We got a little muddy but it was a cute spot.

On our way home we went to Mesa Falls it was incredible. Brant @ Mesa Falls. I guess in all the excitement and lack of sleep my brain was not functioning too well. We realized when our kids were fighting and only Ria had DVD's, that Heath must have left his. DJ and Aubrey we're over the top nice to go back and get them which actually turned out to be only one DVD L Sorry about that! You guys are the best. Thank you so much. I really hope it didn't mess up your plans too much!

I am really glad I joined the Johnson's I had no idea how that decision would bless me for so many years and into eternity. Thanks for being so good to me I love you Johnson's all so much!










4 comments:

Tonia said...

That post just made me cry! I know I'm a loser! Anyway, I hope your baby finds you soon. He/She will be very blessed to Join the Browns!

Coopercomics said...

Love you Jana! I am sooo glad that you decided to join the Johnson's...we got to meet! I love my ear wiggling buddy. Think of you often. Much love to you and your bears. :)

Stephanie said...

That brought back memories. I am so glad you joined the Johnson's too. I didn't know you were going to adopt. That is so exciting. Good luck with the move to Flagstaff. You guys will love it there.

Natalie said...

I agree with Ria- there is a baby out there who is going to be so lucky to join the Brown family.

I too am glad that you became a Johnson- so we can be related. I like that little extra benefit in our friendship. And without you becoming Johnson, you might never have become a Brown and I would have missed out on having Brant as my friend as well. And who knows maybe you would have never ended up in Cedar and I would have missed out on having you for my best friend. I don't want to even think about that- I'm just so grateful things worked out as they were meant to be.

I'm glad Brant found a job, but Flagstaff is sooooo far away...
but I guess I'll trust that it's just another thing that's meant to be.