Saturday, July 18, 2009

BFR 4th

Brown Family Reunion was held over the 4th of July Weekend. Here is a picture of the culprits who started this mess, (sorry to catch grandma in a sneeze). The pictures to follow show why we are so very glad they did!

Prior to the main festivities we celebrated Natalie's Birthday (Brant's sister). Her cake was delicious, I call it 3 milk cake because I am no good @ Spanish! Kaleb looks so excited too! He is such a fun kid, I'm so glad my kids have cousins their age they enjoy so much, it made for a great weekend.

Kristi (Brant's sister) was in charge of the reunion she did such an amazing job. I'm glad we are not next, sorry McKay that is a tough act to follow, because it bordered on perfection! We helped get the float ready for the parade, Kristi is even smiling, how does she do it?

We had a program and reunion with Brant's Dad & brother's family too. The Marlin Brown family attributed to more the half of that attendance. Marlin and his brother did a skit after the ol' switch-a-roo (they look alike) I asked Heath if he saw grandpa he said "Yea but he'll be all right".

The next day it was time for the big parade too many Brown's to fit on the float, these 2 are cute.

Then relaxing, a hailstorm, swimming @ the pool, (no pool pictures & don't expect any in the near future either). What wild weather we had, but it fit our schedule just fine! Dinner at the elementary school, and would a true 4th of July celebration be complete without Fire Power? Brant supplied that! That's right to celebrate our independence by sending our kids out in the street to pick up candy from strangers (Parade) and top off the evening telling them to run with fire, (sparklers) and blowing things up. (Fireworks) Are we free to do whatever we want or what? I love the USA! We enjoy our teenage Nieces and Nephews so much, here is Dallin he is a riot! Sorry Kelsey your picture was too blurry to post! Heath and Ria doing their part to fling sparks around!


We ended Sunday with a big bang breakfast and testimonies. I did enjoy the spontaneous sharing of love stories it was fun and I would not consider myself a romantic! As always the Brown family reunion leaves me wishing I could have talked to everyone a little more, missing the ones that couldn't be here and feeling inspired to be better without feeling that I'm not good enough! I am motivated to be a little better and blessed to be Brown!

6 comments:

Mikkel said...

Yes, it is good to be Brown! Thank you, I missed you too (I am sure you were talking about me:) Sure wish we could've come have fun with y'all!!!

Ashley Jackson said...

I must agree, well said. It is good to be a Brown. I feel so left out because I was unable to attend the reunion. I can't let this happen again. I really don't like feeling like I missed out on family fun. It looks like it was great as always and I hope things are going well for you guys and things are coming together. Miss you guys and love you all:)

Jonathon and Amanda said...

It was so good to see you and your family. Wish we could have stayed longer. If you are ever in town give us a call. We would love to visit some more.

Unknown said...

I have to say, I agree as well. What a blessing to be part of such a great family! It was great to see you guys!

Clarkson said...

Fun pictures. We saw that great float go by and realized that Miss Patsy Clarkson probably expects something like that from the Clarkson clan. Don't be surprised if you see us all in the parade next year because we thought your float was great and want to copy it!

The Bonham Family said...

It sounds like your fourth was fun. How neat to have a family testimony meeting!