Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Camp

I love holidays and traditions. We had our Silent Night & Christmas Camp out on Sunday!
I usually do PJ's for Christmas Eve but thought it would be fun for our camp out. We let the kids get out their sleeping bags and sleep under the tree with the lights on! We do S'mores and look through our Christmas scrapbook. Our Silent Night is usually just a quiet night with as few distractions as possible with no TV. We just read Christmas stories until they fall asleep.

As you can see Silent can still be busy and falling asleep doesn't just happen! There was no school on Monday so it was fun! This is normally the position Heath prefers, as I'm typing this he is on the couch downstairs in the same position and spends most of Sacrament meeting this way as well!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Thats a great idea. . .Enjoy them they grow up way to fast and you wonder where the heck the time went. See ya at Christmas. . .

George and Joanna said...

Looks like fun! Heath's position is hilarious. Boys!!

Natalie said...

Only Heath!! What great traditions. You guys are so cute!!!

Natalie said...

Oh, one other thing about traditions- I don't know if you were able to listen to the Christmas devotional or not this year, but I couldn't help but laugh and think of your family as Bro. Eyring talked about Samuel the Lamanite and having to remind his children that Samuel could not be hit! =)

Ashley Jackson said...

Those are great traditions what fun ideas! Looks like you guys are getting into all the Christmas spirit. I saw that you guys are coming next week for the Brown family Christmas party, it will be fun to see you there. Are you also going to be in Kanab for Christmas?

Mikkel said...

THOSE ARE CUTE TRADITIONS! I WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO STEAL THEM.

Tessa Marie said...

Hi Jana! I just found your blog through Kim's. Wow, I can't believe how big the kids are! The last time I saw Heath he was still so little, and now he's so big! Ryanne has grown a ton too!

So how are you guys doing? Looks like everyone's pretty happy, so I'll assume pretty well :)

Hope you guys have a very merry Christmas!

Tessa

Chris and Cassie said...

Jana & Brant - How the heck are you? I found your blog thru another blog, crazy how everyone has blogs! It's Cassie Watson Fairbourn from high school, sorry should have said that first! You can check out our blog at www.ccfairbournfamily.blogspot.com or email me at ccfairbourn@yahoo.com! I'd love to catch up with you!