Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bowling a Turkey


November is the best month for a turkey right! So my friend Wendy's husband runs the bowling alley she invited our little family with hers to bowl! It was so fun and with no bumpers, fancy shoes and with a six pound ball I might add. I bowled a turkey on Saturday! For all of you who are picturing poultry getting thrown, you obviously don't "Hablo Bowling"! It actually means 3 strikes in a row and it has eluded me for a while. Even 5 years ago when I bowled a 199, no turkey. Usually I am lucky to break 100! Last night I bowled an impressive score of 167! I must give credit to my husband we were tied @ about 80, I bowled a poor frame and then he bowled a strike, I knew I was down @ least 9 pins for the lead I needed a strike that started me on my roll! 3 strikes! Thanks Brant! Yes, I have watched professional bowling, a few times. The only common ground I have really found is in the bootie! So I put my butt into it I definitely have bowler bootie! I'm still so excited, I'm thinking about joining a league or getting on the bowling circuit!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Way to go! I am a horrible bowler. (But then again, what sport am I good at?)What a great time of year to bowl a turkey!

Tonia said...

I can't bowl for crap, except when I'm pregnant. I think it has to do with my center of gravity. I do okay on the Wii too. That's the only time I can bowl a turkey. Good job!!

Ashley Jackson said...

Sounds like lots of holiday fun. Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving we missed seeing you in Kanab but we hear you're coming for Christmas so that's exciting!

Neil and Kimberly said...

Hello to the Brown family. i am so glad that you are a blogger to. It is a lot of work but it's a fun way to keep up with family and friends. Way to go with bowling. Neil and I love to bowl. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.