Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Little blessed one


We thought about doing the blessing at the same time as the sealing but Brant said the natural order was sealing then blessing (I guess that is what we’ve done with the other two).  We also felt like we received so much support from our ward that we wanted them to be a part of it.  We are so overwelmed with how much love and support we have recieved from everyone!
Bennett actually means little blessed one and Osborn means divine warrior.  After an intimate and spiritual sealing and the feeling of the potential of this amazing boy it was time to give him his name. 
 I thought, "What will he need most?  If I could bless him with one thing what would it be?"  I wanted him to feel secure in knowing who he is, that he is supposed to be in our family and he is very loved. 
Brant did an amazing job and it was beautiful and I hope he remembers to always put the gospel first.  I thought about the events surrounding his birth.  The first and most important thing for his birth mother was to have him placed in an LDS home. 
 His blessing was another great event.  So grateful for all those who shared in it!  His little outfit was made by Natalie and her sister.  I love it!
 
 
 
 
 
 
The feeling of security seems to be happening, before the sealing Bennett had to be in whatever room I was in, since we’ve been back he doesn’t even seem to notice whether I’m in the room or not.  He is getting more busy with crawling and this proves he still likes to be where I am he just doesn’t HAVE to be there.  I guess he is even more content.  I love these pics of kisses from the kids!
 
After the blessing we had a little dinner with friends and we also celebrated Grandpa Brown’s birthday. 
Then Bennett hit 8 months, he is one cute cabbage patch kid (my mom sent us with some garden goodness after the sealing). 
We feel blessed to have this little blessed one.  8 months and crawling.
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man that is one cute kid!

Natalie said...

I wish I could take credit for the blessing outfit- but that was all Joanna! I just helped pick out the materials. :) Love that cute boy!