Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Natalie


Natalie spent her birthday weekend with me! I have been looking forward to this for a long time and even though it went too fast (it is never enough time) it was so fun. It just makes me miss her more and wish she was closer. We picked her up at the airport on Thursday night; Rianne was very excited to make her a sign that said Best Friend! We stuck her in the back seat with the kids; Ria fell asleep on her lap, while Heath held her hand. I sometimes don't like to share MY Natalie but it was cute.
They put on a little show for our guest

Friday, we took her out to dinner.

Saturday we surprised her with a little birthday party, with some new friends. She also met a relative (I swear everyone in Arizona is relatedJ).

 
 I was excited to make her a cake, Natalie collects strawberries and even if it turned out like a little girl cake it was fun.


I think everyone had a good time at the party.



Eat the cake Natalie!
 
loved this of Bruce!
Natalie shared her photography gift with us, by taking some family pictures. I'll share them when she gives them to me ;). On Monday we did some shopping and I took her to the airport, I fumbled at my inadequate expression of gratitude for her and our incredible friendship. I didn't even make it to her getting out of the car before I was in tears! Where are those dang Bank Tubes? (Inside joke).

We were roommates in college which means we have been friends forever! (Like 12 years right?) She has seen me through it all! Shared my greatest moments and picked me up from my greatest failures. We are in a continual conversation that most people couldn't follow if they wanted toJ. She is the strongest person I know and so incredibly talented. I am amazed that there are people who could meet her and not love her! People see her everyday and don't know they just walked by the most incredible friend in the world! I think everybody deserves to have a friend like Natalie, but this one is MY Natalie!



4 comments:

Ashley Jackson said...

You are such a good friend! Yes we will see you at Thanksgiving if you will be in Kanab. We won't be there Thanksgiving day, we will be at Shaye's mom but we will be there for the rest of the weekend. Hope to see you guys!

Jonathon and Amanda said...

The cake is so cute. Good job!

Stephanie Cozzens said...

I would be a better, happier person if I had a friendship like you do with Natalie.

Good for you and for her.

Natalie said...

I feel like I need to write a whole post to counter and respond to all of that. :) I am the one who is so lucky to have you as a friend. I seriously have panic attacks when I think of what my life would be like without you. I hope never have to find out! And you might have been crying before you stepped out of the car, but if you remember I was the one crying a mile away from the airport and telling you how I wish I didn't have to get on the plane. It was such a great weekend and birthday and as always you and your family were too good to me. It was fun to meet all of your friends at the party and the cake was perfect. Thanks for all of your hard work. I love you- you're the best! And let's never end that conversation okay?

P.S. Your pics are almost done! I will make the disk tonight and mail tomorrow. Thanks for letting me practice!