Sunday, October 24, 2010

Man I miss...

This Big Guy


Brant has been traveling a lot with work, which will come to an end next week as he settles into his new position. Then maybe we can settle into our new home!


Maybe there is some security in having some big guy lying next to me, snoring loudly. I just sleep better when he is home. I’m a better mom and as Ria pointed out I’m happier too! I like me better when he’s home too. Maybe it is good to be reminded of the things I take for granted.
I never see him as a detail man but with this Big guy gone I realize it is the little things I miss.


I miss how loads of laundry magically gets switched and end up folded. Children bathe and go to bed effortlessly. Even family scripture study just happens. There has been no small pile of books for me to pick up in the morning. I miss hearing his deep voice reading stories to the kids. I’ll even in admit I miss falling asleep as he reads to me too! I miss waking up with an extra blanket on me. I even slightly miss those nights when he takes my covers or tries to cuddle with me when I’m a sleep. I miss talking about nothing or anything I am still so grateful for cell phones! (it is just better in person). I miss watching football together.

We went down to watch Brandon a few weeks ago! 
 I miss how the bills get paid and the checkbook balanced. Rianne’s hair is easier to do when he’s home too, it must be that it gets combed out better :). I miss how Heath’s shoes get tied, and breakfast & lunch just happen. I even miss packing his lunch. I miss squidgy marks on the shower doors and the smell of old spice body wash:).

I miss sleeping through the night; he is the upset tummy, nightmare relief, doors locked etc. night watch guy. Look what I find when Brant isn’t here to put the kids to bed, he's in Rianne's room 

Yes, that is a flosser hanging out of Heaths's mouth
I miss cleaning up dinner and doing the dishes together. I miss loading that one dish in the sink with the slightest bit of ice cream remains. I miss the way he comes up behind me when I’m working on something. I miss him coming home from work and instantly engaging in our family, from wrestling with Heath, helping me with dinner. He has even been known to help with homework (usually mine). I miss his expressions of gratitude for the few things I do, especially dinner. I miss that he takes care of the leftovers.

Brant taking care of the weeds
I miss someone asking me what I want done and the easy compliance to my time schedule. I miss “my time” and “our time”. I miss having extra help on my to do list. I miss that when I bite off more than I can chew, he is right there to chew with me (even if he warned that I was taking on too much). I miss how he sometimes has to make me take care of myself, although I am still getting the “are you taking care of yourself” questions. He is the most selfless man I know! 
Happy doing yard work
 I miss our inside jokes and how we can look at each other and easily interpret the look. I miss his smile and those reassuring blue eyes! I miss how forgiving and patient he is, when I ask him the same question or repeat the same story. He is patient with my weird quirks and secretly enjoys a few of them. I miss his easy laugh.

Brant's trip to Alaska back in March
I miss not getting to share this adventure—someday we will see Alaska together right? He will be here for other primary programs and birthdays. I’m sure I missed some other little things too! I really miss my very best friend, which I am lucky enough to be married to!


I miss how he always puts our needs first. The night he was packing to leave he was working in the garage moving boxes and stacking things, (I got slightly annoyed). Only to find out, he was clearing the way, so if it got cold I could park in the garage. Thanks for taking such good care of me.


It is amazing how the little things add up.  How do you do it all Brant? I don’t tell you thank you enough, I miss you and love you very, very much!

3 comments:

Mikkel said...

aww...cute :)

Natalie said...

That was so sweet!!! Glad you married such a great guy!

Anonymous said...

he's a pretty cool guy, I'd say! i have one of those too! great husbands are a blessing!