Monday, April 13, 2009

Hello Easter Bunny

When was the last time you looked at yourself in the shower and thought, I look so good I should call someone in to see this. Well thanks to the Easter bunny's bubble bath last night taking a bath Heath calls for me and standing in the tub with a few bubbles slowly moving down his body he says "See me in my bubbles mom I look sooo good!" Crazy kid, I would have to have some pretty amazing bubbles before I'd be calling anyone in to see me in the tub!
We spent last week in Kanab and loved every second! We started out with a Wedding for Terrance (Brant's Nephew) it was great to see everybody. We stayed with Brant's brother and drove down the snowy mountain to help our friends move into their beautiful home. Congratulations Michelle We know you have been waiting a long time for this! Then it was off to Kanab. We fit in a few friends during our week and it was great to see you guys!

Every Easter of our Married life has been spent in Kanab with Brant's family & my Johnson family. I wouldn't have it any other way! I love traditions, we color eggs and then take them out to the sands and roll them, I have to admit, at first I thought this was strange but I now can't imagine Easter without it. I just love my in-laws! Brant's dad was so cute coloring eggs with Heath. I love them all! I was also so impressed with Brooklyn she is 13 and played with my kids for hours, and they even put on a little show for us!

This week we also got to meet our newest addition to the Johnson Family Tayla Shae, Sweet baby! Tayla is almost 6 weeks old, and Wenda took my kids out riding horses she even got on! Crazy tough woman, cannot imagine riding a horse less than 6 weeks after giving birth! My kids are very excited to have a new cousin on the Johnson side. Mary is the cutest grandma! Congratulations Tyson & Wenda on beautiful baby girl!
We got to stop and visit some friends on our way back to Rock Springs. It had been way too long and it was great to see you Tonia with your mom and kids was an added bonus! What a long drive and then the Easter bunny business at my house that has not happened since we moved from Kanab. The kids had a great time! Rianne was so cute digging through her Easter basket to find her "Jesus Egg". Then helping Heath find his. It is an empty egg to symbolize the empty tomb the Easter bunny leaves one in our baskets every year to help us remember the reason for this season. That's for you Mikkel so you can add that to your list of things Jana does to add to Holidays. I hope everyone had as wonderful a spring break as we did!
























8 comments:

Team Millward said...

That comment reminds me of the time we used to say "if I didn't know us, I would totally want to know us!" Your kids look just like you it's crazy! Cute!

Ashley Jackson said...

It was so fun to see you guys for a little bit at the game, wish we would have been there sooner so we could join in the Easter egg rolling and such I miss it...Glad you got home safe and I love your first story about Heath in the tub, that is so funny:)

Tonia said...

It was really good to see you too. I miss the old days in the blue du sometimes. Good times :). You look fabulous and your kids are adorable. We will have to get together again sometime.

Unknown said...

I wish I was there to roll eggs. Sounds like lots of fun!

Jonathon and Amanda said...

Just wanted to let you know we started a blog. jonathonandamanda.blogspot.com Come check it out.

Anne of Green Barlows said...

Oh Hi-
It is so good to catch up with you guys again! I would love to see you again, so I am putting a good word in for Brant. You have a gorgeous family:)

Mikkel said...

Haha thank you for the idea. I will try and remember it! I guess each holiday I can just look back to the previous year on your blog for ideas!

The Bonham Family said...

Hey Jana
Your blog is awesome. I am such a blogger loser. I need to update mine. I love the blog of St. Patricks day. I still remember the St. Patricks day when we went to your house in Kanab and had Green Hawiian Haystacks. That was the best.